(Redirected from Wikipedia:FAQ index)
Index of FAQ topics
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
See also Wikipedia:Questions, for other places to get answers.
- Main FAQ – Main FAQ about using and contributing to Wikipedia.
- Overview FAQ – General questions about the Wikipedia project.
- Readers' FAQ – Finding, reading and using Wikipedia material.
- Schools' and Teachers' FAQ – Using Wikipedia in the classroom.
- Organizations and Business' FAQ – Guidelines for organizations and businesses about how you are represented in Wikipedia.
- Contributing FAQ – Why you might want to contribute to the Wikipedia project, and how you can do it.
- Editing FAQ – The ins and outs of creating and editing Wikipedia pages.
- Administration FAQ – What an administrator (or "sysop") is, sysop status, and server administration.
- Blocks FAQ – Information about blocks.
- Technical FAQ – Questions about Wikipedia software and hardware and their limitations.
- Problems FAQ – Questions relating to past or present difficulties and criticism.
- Article subjects' FAQ – Questions relating to an article about you, someone you represent, or your organization.
- Copyright FAQ – Questions pertaining to copyright issues.
- Miscellaneous FAQ – Everything else.
- Forking FAQ – How to download Wikipedia content and/or software and/or create derivative works of Wikipedia.
- Book FAQ – About the Books extension.
- Categorization FAQ – Editor's guide to the Category feature.
- Categories FAQ – Readers' guide to categories.
- Template FAQ – About the Template feature.
- Main Page FAQ – How it works and other common answers.
- Editor assistance FAQ – Specific to the Editor assistance forum.
- ClueBot NG FAQ – Specific to ClueBot NG
- Citing Wikipedia – Detailed information about how to cite Wikipedia when you use it as a reference.
- Who writes Wikipedia – An overview of the process and people behind Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:What is an article? – What constitutes an article.
- Glossary – Definitions of Wikipedia jargon and acronyms.
- Help contents – A page to guide you to the right place.
- Help directory – A descriptive directory of informative, instructional and supportive pages.
- The Wikipedia Help Desk – For questions about How to use Wikipedia.
- Troubleshooting – Help with various technical difficulties with accessing or editing Wikipedia pages.
- The Wikipedia Manual of Style – Stylistic guidebook to help keep Wikipedia's appearance self-consistent.
- Replies to common objections – Responses to common criticisms leveled at Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:Press Kit – Resources for media inquiries, and corrections to common misconceptions about Wikipedia.
- For other useful directories and indexes, see Wikipedia:Directory.