Wikipedia:April Fools/April Fools' Day 2020
|This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous. |
It is not meant to be taken seriously.
|April Fools isn't here yet, or has passed! Please do not edit this page unless it is April 1st (UTC time). If it is April 1st (UTC), then please purge the page and this notice will disappear and you can enjoy April 1st. Please do not remove this notice, even on April Fools.|
April Fools 2020 has ended. See you in 2021!
- In the days (and month) before April Fools, the "Do Not Edit" notice was modified from "tomfoolery" to "pranking", then to "pranking/tom/jerryfoolery" and then to "*foolery" and then a reference to last year’s edit war, before being reworded to avoid further edit warring.
- On March 20, this page was vandalized with the lyrics to Never Gonna Give You Up (the revisions have since been deleted due to copyright).
- 3 Hours before April 1st UTC, the other pranks section was pre-emptively renamed "The section name people will probably still fight over" foolery.
- Also, 3 hours before April 1st, “Pre-April 1st pranks” was changed to “Pre-March 32nd pranks”, with several other variants intermittently appearing once April 1st hit.
- A few minutes before April 1st, the Template:AprilFoolsNotice was modified to contain a "training video", rickrolling whoever viewed it.
- The "Final Prank" was made and immediately removed.
Articles for deletionEdit
- Several coronavirus-related nominations, which were quickly closed.
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Special:RecentChanges was nominated for deletion because vandals were subject to the policies and guidelines on April 1st, 2020.
- This discussion wants you to join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement!
- Emmanuel Goldstein was nominated for doublespeedwise rectification for crimethink.
- South Park was nominated for deletion.
- The result was "Oh my god, they killed the article!"
- Madden NFL 08 was nominated for deletion, because it's not awesome, baby!
- The result was awesome.
- Nintendo Switch is nominated because were out of stock.
- Luckily the result was restocked.
- Scots language is nominated for deletion.
- 2020 Summer Olympics and UEFA Euro 2020 are nominated for deletion per WP:BALL and WP:TOOSOON.
- The result was sumbit too ealy, closed too late.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons is nominated for deletion.
- Fake news is nominated because of obvious reasons.
- The result was fake nomination.
- Wikipedia:No climbing the Reichstag dressed as Spider-Man was nominated for deletion per "Fuck you, I do what I want".
- The result was didn't feel so good.
- WhatsApp was nominated for deletion because the user texted his grandpa something, and he just responded with "Moo".
- The result was "Moo".
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport is nominated for deletion because it is cheaper to tear it down and build it from scratch.
- The result was burn it.
- List of Pokémon was nominated for deletion due to having too many Pokemon in the dex.
- The result was redirecting to Digimon.
- Crystal ball was nominated for deletion per WP:NOTCRYSTALBALL.
- The result was delete per WP:NOTCRYSTALBALL
- Scientology was nominated for deletion.
- The result was sued by the Movementarian Church.
- Milli Vanilli was nominated for deletion because "they never really existed".
- The result was "you know it is".
- New Zealand was nominated for deletion for reading the "Maps without New Zealand" subreddit too much.
- The result was always missing.
- Donald Trump was nominated for deletion.
- The AfD page was deleted under the subject of a serious MfD.
- Earth was nominated for deletion again. It's the 11th nomination.
- Circle was nominated for deletion again per WP:CIRCULAR.
- Impeachment of Donald Trump was nominated for deletion as a redundant fork of Witch hunt.
- The result was expunged by Congress and The Admins.
- The Quintessential Quintuplets was nominated for deletion.
- Nana Mizuki and two other voice actresses were nominated for deletion to protect the rights of Anglo-dubbers.
- The result was the dubbers takes it all.
- Kitten was nominated for deletion because cuteness does not equate to notability.
- The result was meow.
- Haruhi Suzumiya was nominated for
deletionextermination for being a ripoff of Doctor Who.
- The result was "Simpsons did it!"
- Arsenal FC and the Houston Rockets were nominated for deletion for "supporting China's separatism".
- The result was "they didn't get it 'cause they didn't read the news".
- Anglo-Zanzibar War was nominated for deletion for being too short.
- The result was The war ended
- Nickelback was nominated for deletion per WP:GARAGE.
- The result was free Nickelback album for all the participants.
- Pizza Hut was nominated for deletion because Domino's is so much better.
- The result was
- The result was
- Michael Bloomberg and other candidates were nominated for deletion.
- The result was tired of politician jokes.
- Ping was nominated for deletion. Pong!
- XFL (2020) was nominated for deletion for being canceled.
- Airbus A380 was nominated for deletion because "the plane is too big and too expensive to be operated economically".
- Square was nominated for deletion per WP:POINTY.
- Result was redirect to Geometry Dash.
- Finland was nominated for deletion for being a hoax.
- The result was den nomination som ingen kan komma överens om.
- Swedish for "the nomination that nobody can agree on". (Finnish version missing)
- The result was den nomination som ingen kan komma överens om.
- List of star systems within 20–25 light-years was nominated for deletion for being POV.
- Space Launch System was nominated for deletion for being a waste of time and money.
- Uranus was nominated for deletion so that people will no longer !vote to redirect to it.
- Wheel was nominated for deletion per WP:WILLY.
- Evil was nominated for deletion for obvious reasons.
- BanG Dream! was nominated for deletion by a rival Love Live! fan.
- The result was THE IDOLM@STER TAKEOVER.
- Stanley Kubrick was nominated for deletion to "settle the infobox issue once and for all".
- Flybe was nominated for deletion for going out of business.
- French language was nominated for deletion. Everything, including the page title, is in French.
- Sakura Kinomoto was nominated for deletion for being her birthday.
- The result was "I dare you".
- Calabasas, California was nominated for deletion because of Kobe Bryant.
- 2019–20 NBA season was nominated for deletion for being canceled.
- 2020 was nominated for deletion because the year has been a disaster.
- George S. Patton slapping incidents was nominated for deletion because SLAP SLAP SLAP.
- E3 2020 was nominated for deletion for being cancelled.
- Thanos was nominated for deletion.
- Same result as "No climbing the Reichstag dressed as Spider-Man".
- Wikipedia administrators was nominated for deletion to get rid of them.
- The result was you cant't get rid of them until you talk to Jimbo.
- Lutetium was nominated for deletion for lack of applications.
- Morning was PRODded for being too soon given morning does not come until tomorrow.
- Sonic hedgehog was too slow. It is not the real Sonic!
- The truth was nominated for deletion.
- Kiss was nominated for deletion in compliance with social distancing.
- Homestuck stopped being canon and was nominated for deletion for its own irrelevance.
- 7 was nominated for deletion, for being a menace to society.
- Log was nominated for deletion, but a page got in the way, so that was also nominated for deletion.
- Windows 10 Mobile was nominated for deletion as nobody uses it.
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion was listed at articles for deletion, which then the nomination is listed at articles for deletion, which in turn got listed at articles for deletion, and so on. (Eventually the joke got stale and anything deeper than five got deleted per WP:G6)
- Imaginary number was nominated for deletion for not being real.
- The result was Imaginary
- Bill Wurtz was nominated for deletion due to possibly not existing.
- Captain Marvel (2019 film) was nominated for deletion per WP:IDONTLIKEIT.
- Democracy was nominated for deletion per WP:NOTDEMOCRACY.
- Fewer voter turnouts in this nomination.
- Just like real democracy!
- Fewer voter turnouts in this nomination.
- Darth Plagueis was nominated for deletion because it's not a story the Jedi would tell you.
Redirects for discussionEdit
- Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2020 April 1#User:InvalidOS/A Recursive Redirect
- Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2020 April 1#WP:AFD
Templates for discussionEdit
- Template:citation needed was nominated for deletion.
- Template:Ambox was nominated for deletion.
- Template:Yesno was nominated for deletion
Miscellany for deletionEdit
- Special:UserLogout was nominated for deletion.
- Wikipedia:Deletion review was nominated for deletion in favor of more bureaucracy.
- Wikipedia:Duck test was nominated for deletion.
- Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion was nominated for deletion "because Inception".
- Wikipedia:Sandbox was nominated for deletion for being a test page.
Requests for adminshipEdit
- Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Xaosflux 2
- Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Optional RfA candidate poll#MJL: April 1, 2020
Requests for de-adminshipEdit
- User:Can I Log In/Requests for de-adminship/Can I Log In (moved from Wikipedia:Requests for de-adminship/Can I Log In)
Requests for bureaucratshipEdit
Requests for de-censorshipEdit
- Wikipedia_virus_beats_censorship. However this was obviously unapproved per WP:CENSOR so it was changed to a self-redirect instead.
Requests for foundershipEdit
- Joe Strummer → Joe Guitarist
- Dick Vitale → It's Awesome Baby!
- Wikipedia:April Fools → Wikipedia:Birthday of Otto von Bismarck
- Nine Inch Nails → 22.86 Centimetre Nails
Featured Article CandidatesEdit
- Amastra subsoror, an extinct Hawaiian land snail (after some initial confusion, it seems to be on track to pass)
Vital Article CandidatesEdit
Wikipedians who listen to Living Colour (View extended header here)Edit
- The main April Fools' day page was completely obliterated.
- There is an El Chapulín Colorado reference.
- Shortly after midnight, “Pre-march 32nd pranks” became Pre-February 61st pranks, then Pre-January 72 pranks, then Pre-January 18,352nd 1970, a reference to the Unix Epoch.
- The page had CSS changes applied to it:
- Rotated by 1, 45, 90, 135, 359, and 359.5 degrees, and 2.01π radians.
- Skewed multiple times
- Two users started playing chess, which resulted in Epicgenius defeating Upsidedown Keyboard by moving twice.
- We pranked ourselves thinking that this April Fools wasn't going to devolve into literal chaos within 3 hours.
- Too many people are stuck at home right now, with nothing to do but edit war on this page. We are doomed.
- An escape page was created to dodge the 3hr of madness, here. (Archived. Do not edit.)
- An editor at Wikipedia:Reference Desk/Science tried to make other editors believe he actually created a quantum black hole successfully (with vert subtle hints towards April fools), and hoped for folks at reference desk going crazy over the creation. But everybody thought the editor was talking hypothetically. Turns out, he goofed up fantabulously; and the joke was upon him.
- Someone noticed that April Fools jokes are allowed on a large chunk of the site, except for this April Fool's page, where it is now strictly forbidden.
- Amidst all the crazy changes to this page in the first three hours, the Silly Things template, which is visible on this page, had an entry added for 1941 April Fools' Day. It lasted a full two hours, from 00:34 to 02:34.
- The links to each April Fools' archive on the main April Fools page got replaced with "April Tools Day".
- Jimbo became Wales
- Pythoncoder blanked his user page as a prank.
- And later replaced it with the contents of User:Jimbo Wales.
- Somebody changed the link to this page on this page to a duplicate of this same article, where it stayed for 30 minutes.
- It got nominated for speedy deletion per CSD A10.
- Then it got removed of all documentation to give off the illusion that there hasn’t been anything done during that day.
- It was then requested that the title of that page be changed to Egg.
- AlexKiddo16 has modified his page with a modified Protegent rap and a cut-off Simpsons logo.
- User:Cyberbot I was... um...
- uhh, who rickrolled morning?
_. . ..._ . ._. _,_. _,_,_ _. _. ._ _,_. .. ..._ . _._,_ _,_,_ .._ .._ ._,_. _. . ..._ . ._. _,_. _,_,_ _. _. ._ ._.. . _ _._,_ _,_,_ .._ _... _,_,_ ._,_ _.(the morse code from the edit war) translates to "Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Down"
- A user is going nuts that other users prevented him from claiming Vocaloid voice bank
and Chinese Communist Youth League spokeswomanLuo Tianyi as his waifu, spreading images of "General Pink Hair Foolery" all over the place.
- No one noticed as of 13:00 UTC that a template has been changed.
- Skew was skewed. It was finally righted at 17:56 UTC.
- Template:AprilFoolsNotice's training video was temporaily about Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- User:CrazyMinecart88's user page crashed.
- Some one added the bio of various My Hero Academia characters to this section.
- RayCrisis was renamed to RayCism per WP:COmmONNAmE
- Xevious was noted as being a terrible game.
- User talk:Epicgenius was bOmbED
- The random infobox was slightly recolored and renamed
- This statement is false.
- this section is now Comic Sans
- Not anymore!
- m's and b's have taken over
- It was fixed, but that broke some of the links in this section.
- User:ToxiBoi was skewed, warned, and participated in LTA in one day.
- User:ToxiBoi~pub is no longer the best squad and is established as a paid editor.
- Yellow text added
- Getting a bunch of Wikipedians to edit an article with jokes is very reminiscent of giving randos on a Minecraft server the power of console commands. All of a sudden it's raining monsters, houses are being cloned and superimposed on other objects, TNT is being spawned... good times.
- There were lots of smart speaker-editing in that day.
- A genuine request for protection of the main April Fools' day page was made.
- History repeated itself and poor quarantined Wikipedia editors had to create a new Edit War page due to the edit war of this section's title.
- Some people didn't like 17 Million Fuck Offs at WP:DYK.
- Someone created a proposal to community ban Jimbo but it got deleted.
- A user receives TROUT for creating a community ban proposal and an WP:SPI case as a joke.
- Several users were warned about contributing to the insanity.
- An RfC to improve April Fools' being held here.
- An RfC to improve April Fools' being drafted here.