Wikipedia:April Fools/April Fools' Day 2015
|This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous. |
It is not meant to be taken seriously.
List of events:
Nominations for deletionEdit
- Barack Obama was recommended for deletion by a letter signed by 47 Republican members of Congress. [April Fools!]
- Delete was RfDed by Bobherry because it has to delete it in its name and was warned by Nakon.
- Internet Explorer was nominated for deletion.
- Internet was nominated for deletion for a COI.
- B was nominated for deletion for being a ripoff of the letter A.
- The Avengers (2012 film) was nominated for deletion since Batman said so!
- The Dark Knight Rises was nominated for deletion since the Avengers said so!
- The Daily Show was nominated for deletion for not being daily.
- List of planets courageously saved by The Doctor was snowballed for deletion successfully by the cabal as an obvious neutral point of view policy violation.
- Wikipedia community was AfDed by Bobherry for a possible COI for the 3rd time.
- WXYZ-TV was nominated for deletion because of its call letters.
- Radium was nominated for deletion because someone hates radioactivity.
- Radiation was nominated for deletion because of it being a massive health hazard.
- Blurred Lines was nominated for deletion because of WP:COPYVIO concerns.
- Earworm was nominated to merge with DuckTales
- Bird is nominated for deletion for being a duplicate of the article word.
- Sonic the Hedgehog is nominated for deletion.
- Wikipedia was nominated for deletion (for the seventh time).
- Ghost is nominated for deletion.
- God is nominated for deletion for a probable hoax.
- Triangle is nominated for deletion due to Illuminati confirmation.
- Template:Citation needed is nominated for deletion
- WikiLeon nominated Template:Wikipedia for being a huge self reference.
- Category:Recursion is nominated for merging with Category:Recursion
- Category:Hidden categories was nominated for deletion for creating infinite loops between categories, in which itself and its subcategories ("container" and "tracking") are categorized under it.
- Since moved to userspace.
- WP:Rules for Fools is nominated for deletion. (diff)
- Special:UserLogout is nominated for deletion on the basis that no one should ever log out.
- Stub was nominated for deletion by Bobherry for being a HUGE STUB!
- WP:Administrator Intervention against Vandalism was nominated for deletion per WP:BURO by -G.A.WILMBROKE [ USER / ALT / TALK / CONTRIBS ]
- Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not is nominated for deletion on the grounds that Wikipedia is not a list of things that Wikipedia is not.
- The Manual of Style is nominated for deletion for being a manual.
- WP:HAMMER is nominated for violating WP:HAMMER because no one knows User:TenPoundHammer's real name.
- Wikipedia:List of hoaxes on Wikipedia is nominated for deletion by User:Twozenhauer as it is a hoax.
- User:Coffee changed his signature to impersonate Jimmy Wales
- ....And then General Custer
- User:Wgolf votes Feldkahl to be the article of the day!
- Someone decided that
- Upside-down cake is turned right-side up.
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Capital letters was converted to big capital letters and all full stops were converted to two exclamation points to constitute shouting.
- User:Daniel Case converted Lavrenti Beria to a redirect to Bering Sea, as per the Great Soviet Wikipedia.
- Edible Book Festival seems to be an elaborate ruse. .
- User:Alphius took the first step toward adding a new level of bureaucracy to the article deletion process. (diff)
- This section was renamed from "General tomfoolery" to "General jerryfoolery" as a Tom & Jerry pun.
- This sentence's article was deleted.
- Template:humor was changed to be a faux CSD template. (diff)