Wikipedia:Administrators' reading list
Admins are expected to have an intimate understanding of Wikipedia policy. They are also expected to consistently demonstrate comprehension of these policies. This is especially paramount regarding the use of abilities entrusted to admins that are unavailable to regular users and editors of Wikipedia.
The following items are considered highly recommended reading material. These pages detail prerequisite knowledge required by an admin:
Should already knowEdit
- Advice for new administrators
- Editing the main page
- Fixing cut and paste moves
- Goals of the adminship process
- Image use policy
- MediaWiki Administrator's Handbook
- Office actions
- Open proxies
- Requested moves/Closing instructions
- Village stocks – some things administrators have done by mistake in the past. Laugh, and avoid repetition.
- What adminship is not