List of Wikimedia chapters
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Wikimedia chapters are national or sub-national not-for-profit organisations created to promote the interests of Wikimedia projects locally. Chapters are legally independent of the Wikimedia Foundation, entering into a "Chapters Agreement" with the Foundation following acceptance by the Affiliations Committee (formerly known as "Chapters Committee"), and have no control over Foundation websites. They organise regional conferences, outreach and global events such as Wikimania. As of January 2015 there were 41 recognised Wikimedia chapters.
- Konieczny (2009)
- Morell (2011), p. 332
- Fontanills (2012), p. 81
- Wikimedia Chapters
- WMF resolution on the Recognition of Wikimedia Uruguay
- Fuster Morell, Mayo (2011). "The Wikimedia Foundation and the Governance of Wikipedia's Infrastructure". In Geert Lovink, Nathaniel Tkacz. Critical Point of View: A Wikipedia Reader. Institute of Network Cultures. ISBN 978-90-78146-13-1.
- Konieczny, P (November 2009). "Wikipedia: Community or Social Movement". Interface (2 ed.). 1: 212–232.
- Fontanills, David Gómez (May 2012). "Academic research into Wikipedia". Digithum (14): 77–87. ISSN 1575-2275.
- Various. "Wikimedia chapters". Wikimedia Foundation.