Wie is de Mol?
Wie is de Mol? (English: Who is the Mole?) is a Dutch reality television game show, based on De Mol (The Mole), a reality television game show which was originally created in 1998 by Woestijnvis and broadcast on VRT in Belgium. The first four seasons of Wie is de Mol? were regular seasons with ordinary people. After the break in 2004, all participants in the following seasons were Dutch celebrities. Starting from the 19th season, the show is hosted by Rik van de Westelaken.
|Wie is de Mol?|
|Presented by||Main seasons|
Angela Groothuizen (1999–2005)
Karel van de Graaf(2006–2007)
Pieter Jan Hagens (2008–2011)
Art Rooijakkers (2012–2018)
Rik van de Westelaken (2019–present)
Sipke Jan Bousema (2008)
Art Rooijakkers (2014)
|Country of origin||The Netherlands|
|No. of seasons||19|
|No. of episodes||181|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Original network||AVRO (1999–2014) |
|Picture format||576i (1999–2010)|
|Original release||November 19, 1999 –|
|Related shows||The Mole|
The Mole (Australia)
The Mole (U.S.)
The Mole (UK)
The 18th season in 2018, is the first to be located in six different countries. Starting off episode 1 in five countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Russia, and Ukraine. The remaining episodes of this season occur in Georgia.
The program is about 10 candidates, who have to complete assignments by which they can earn money. However, one of the group members is the Mole. The Mole's goal is to make the assignments fail and keep the amount of money earned as low as possible. The other candidates do not know who the Mole is, and need to unmask him or her.
At the end of every episode the candidates take a multiple choice test about the mole's identity. The test contains 20 questions (40 questions in the final test) about the mole's activities since the previous test and personal questions about the Mole (for example, "Has the mole been baptized?"). With the help of 'jokers', which they can earn during the assignments, the contestants can turn incorrect test answers into correct answers.
The person with the fewest correct answers is then expelled from the show. In most series this process continues until only two contestants and the Mole remain. The winner is the person with the most correct answers in the final test and he or she gets all of the money earned during the previous stages of the game.
|Karel van de Graaf|
|Pieter Jan Hagens|
|Rik van de Westelaken|
|Season||Airdate||Presenter||The Mole||Winner||Runner-up||Prize money||Destination|
|1||17 May 2008||Sipke Jan Bousema||Amin||Naomi||Lara||6970 vierduiten (€79)||Zwolle|
|2||9 March 2014||Art Rooijakkers||Jenny||Davey||Roeland||€1,020|| Maastricht|
|Season||Timeslot||Premiere||Finale (Reunion)||Average ratings|
- Guilder, the national Dutch currency at the time. This amounts to roughly € 37.437,-
- Guilder, the national Dutch currency at the time. This amounts to roughly € 31.764,-
- Frédérique Huydts died on 3 April 2006, during the period that season 6 was broadcast on television. As requested by her, the airing of the season continued. The €24,475 that she won was donated to WWF and Stichting KiKa.
- The final of season 7 had four finalists. Renate and Eva both lost to Paul.
- After unmasking the Mole in season 11 and winning the season, Art went on to present Wie is de Mol? from seasons 12 to 18.
- After unmasking the Mole in season 15 and winning the season, Rik went on to present Wie is de Mol? from seasons 19 onwards.
- The first episode was set in Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan)
- "OVER WIDM". widm.nl. 2018.
- Except for episode 5 of season 15 because of an incident in the Media Park. The episode aired the following Friday at 20.30.