Wicked (Ice Cube song)
Wicked is the first single from rapper Ice Cube's third studio album The Predator. The additional vocals were performed by Don Jagwarr. The song's music video was directed by Marcus Raboy and features Anthony Kiedis and Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It is Ice Cube's first single to enter the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #55.
|Single by Ice Cube featuring Don Jagwarr|
|from the album The Predator|
|Released||November 3, 1992|
|Ice Cube featuring Don Jagwarr singles chronology|
The song was covered by Korn for their 1996 album Life Is Peachy. This version features Deftones lead singer Chino Moreno and contrasts from Ice Cube's version with scat-like vocals from Jonathan Davis in the chorus. This would be the first of four Korn songs involving Ice Cube (and vice versa), the others being "Children of the Korn", "Fuck Dying" and "Should I Stay or Should I Go".
Limp Bizkit has also covered the song in concert, while Korn have performed this song live on several occasions with Chino Moreno, Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst and Ice Cube himself (along with "Children of the Korn").
- "Wicked" (radio version)
- "Wicked" (instrumental)
- "U Ain't Gonna Take My Life"
- "U Ain't Gonna Take My Life" (instrumental)
- "Wicked" (LP version)
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Watrous, Peter (March 1, 1993). "Review/Pop; At Ice Cube Rap Concert Everyone Goes to a Party". The New York Times.
- "The 100 Best L.A. Rap Songs". Complex. June 21, 2012.
- "Don Jagwarr". Discogs.com.
- "The Nigga You Love to Love: Ice Cube Reissued, Amerikka's Most Wanted to Lethal Injection". Morphizm.com. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- Christian, Chris (August 1996). "Various Artists: Operation Beatbox". Sonic Boom. 4 (7). Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "Limp Bizkit Wicked". YouTube. 2007-01-06. Retrieved 2012-03-15.
- "American single certifications – Ice Cube – Wicked/U Ain't Gonna Take My Life". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.