Wichita Falls Texans
The Wichita Falls Texans were a minor league basketball team in the Continental Basketball Association from 1988 to 1994. The team was located in Wichita Falls, Texas, and played their games at D.L. Ligon Coliseum, located on the campus of Midwestern State University. The Texans won the CBA championship in 1991. Lanham Lyne was the owner of the franchise.
|Wichita Falls Texans|
|Stadium||D.L. Ligon Coliseum|
|Location||Wichita Falls, Texas|
|Team colors||purple, orange|
The team almost relocated in 1990 when a group of investors led by George Beim approached the owners of Wichita Falls to purchase and relocate the franchise to Hampton, Virginia. The deal fell through when Beim announced he could not get the prerequisite amount of ticket presales to make moving the team financially viable according to the CBA's rules.
- Mike Baldwin (1993-01-24). "Texans Could Be On the Way Out". Archived from the original on 2017-12-15.
- "REMEMBER WHEN WICHITA FALLS HAD A MINOR LEAGUE BASKETBALL TEAM?". 106.3 The Buzz. Wichita Falls, Texas. February 14, 2018. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- Hessler, Warner (June 18, 2001). "Who needs a team at the Coliseum when profit can be made without one?". Knight Ridder. Tribune Content Agency.
- Waddell, Ray (May 31, 1993). "CBA's fury takes lead in league attendance". Amusement Business (105.22). Nielsen Business Media, Inc. p. 20.
- Waddell, Ray (February 22, 1993). "CBA attendance heading toward another record". Amusement Business (105.8). Nielsen Business Media, Inc. p. 27.
- "The Quiet Man". Indianapolis Monthly. November 2001. p. 225. Archived from the original on 2017-12-15.