Who Gets the Dog? (2016 film)
|Who Gets the Dog?|
|Directed by||Huck Botko|
|Edited by||Julie Garces|
|Distributed by||Samuel Goldwyn Films|
|September 13, 2016|
The dog, a golden Labrador Retriever, is the center of this couple's universe. When Olive gets tired of Clay's immaturity she throws him out of the matrimonial home. Clay moves to a trailer down by the lake in the woods.
They take Wesley to a dog psychologist, who says the dog needs discipline. Olive goes to a dog trainer, Glenn, who quickly controls Wesley and asks Olive out for a date.
While Clay has Wesley at his trailer he attempts to make a video with the help of his best friend, Rhett, but the video shows how undisciplined the dog is.
After another visit to the pet psychologist, the couple attempt to reconcile, but Glenn drops in unannounced and tells Clay he and Olive are dating.
Clay wants Olive back and tries to woo her at a street festival. Glenn intervenes and gets in a scuffle with Clay and Olive has to separate the two. She is not impressed with Clay's behavior.
At their final court appearance, the adoption papers are presented and the judge rules in Clay's favour.
Clay gets promoted to the big league but at the same time his dog wanders off and goes missing. He calls Olive to help search for the dog, who is finally found in a homeless shelter with some hobos.
During Clay's first game he gets injured, and gets his best friend to return the dog to Olive. Olive visits Clay in the hospital and they kiss.
They reconcile in the end and decide to stop the divorce proceedings. They later have a baby.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)
- McNary, Dave (November 6, 2014). "AFM: Alicia Silverstone to Star in Romantic Comedy 'Who Gets the Dog?'". Variety. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Gomez, Luis (January 28, 2015). "Alicia Silverstone films indie movie 'Who Gets the Dog?' in Chicago". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Gomez, Luis (February 11, 2015). "Ryan Kwanten to film 'Who Gets the Dog?' during Chicago Wolves game". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "Alicia Silverstone to Star in Romantic Comedy 'Who Gets the Dog?'". The Wrap. November 6, 2014. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "Alicia Silverstone & Ryan Kwanten star in Who Gets The Dog?, Available on Digital HD 9/13". broadwayworld.com. July 14, 2016. Retrieved August 4, 2016.