Who Are You: School 2015
Who Are You: School 2015 (Korean: 후아유: 학교 2015; RR: Huayu: Hakgyo 2015 also known in Japan as Love Generation) is a South Korean television series, starring Kim So-hyun, Yook Sung-jae, and Nam Joo-hyuk. It aired on KBS2 from April 27 to June 16, 2015 every Monday and Tuesday at 21:55 KST for 16 episodes. It is the sixth installment of KBS's School series which premiered in 1999.
|Who Are You: School 2015|
|Written by||Kim Min-jung|
|Directed by||Baek Sang-hoon |
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producer(s)||Jung Sung-hyo |
|Producer(s)||Lee Gun-joon |
|Cinematography||Oh Jae-sang |
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||School 2015 Culture Industry Co., Ltd. |
SM Life Design Group
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 2.0|
|Original release||April 27 –|
June 16, 2015
|Preceded by||School 2013|
|Followed by||School 2017|
후아유: 학교 2015
|Revised Romanization||Huayu: Hak-gyo 2015|
|McCune–Reischauer||Huayu: Hak-kyo 2015|
The drama received 6.3% average audience share in its run,  and established a strong following among young viewers worldwide and led to increased recognition for its cast.
Go Eun-byul and Lee Eun-bi (both played by Kim So-hyun) are identical twins, separated after one is adopted at the age of 5. Eun-bi lives at the Love House, an orphanage in Tongyeong, South Gyeongsang Province, where the younger residents look up to her as a mother figure. However, she hides the fact that she is bullied at school by a gang of mean girls led by Kang So-young, while teachers turn a blind eye.
On the other hand, Go Eun-byul is studying at Sekang High School, the most prestigious private high school in Seoul's Gangnam District. Eun-byul's best friend is Han Yi-an (Nam Joo-hyuk), the school's star swimmer and is in love with her since childhood.
However, only Eun-byul is aware of the other's existence. Unlike the cheerful Eun-bi, Eun-byul is prickly and secretive.
One day, on a school field trip to Tongyeong, Eun-byul mysteriously disappears. At the same time, Eun-bi is unjustly expelled from her school and jumps off a bridge in a suicide attempt. Ten days later, the injured and amnesiac Eun-bi is mistaken for her twin, Eun-byul, and her adoptive mother takes her home to Seoul, where she starts living as Eun-byul. However, her memory soon returns.
Eun-bi faces many challenges as Kang So-young transfers to Sekang High School and tries to reveal her real identity, as well as using her Dad's authority to make Eun-bi transfer from the school. Luckily, Gong Tae-kwang (Yook Sung-jae), Eun-bi's classmate and the school troublemaker, protects her whenever So-young tries to bully her. Eun-bi also stands up to So-young and disproves her claims about her identity, as well as ruining her plans to have her transferred. Eun-bi tells Tae-kwang her real identity, and he eventually begins to develop feelings for her.
Soon, the real Eun-byul is shown to be alive and was in hiding all this time in order to give happiness and love to her sister who never had it. The two meet each other and make up and reveal to everyone their real identities. Everyone is confused at first but come around and Eun-Byul friends decide to accept Eun-bi as their best friend too after spending times together. Han Yi-An is annoyed but he comes around as he has already fallen for Eun-bi. Eun-byul decides to enrol at a different college of her dreams and she departs whilst staying on good terms with everyone and Eun-bi stays at Sekang High School and is enjoying her new life. Even though she has feelings for both Tae-kwang and Yi-an she remains good friends with both of them in the end.
- Kim So-hyun as Lee Eun-bi (Go Eun-bi) / Go Eun-byul
- Kang Ji-woo as young Lee Eun-bi (Go Eun-bi) / Go Eun-byul
Go Eun-byul and Lee Eun-bi are identical twins. Lee Eun-bi lives in an orphanage whereas Go Eun-byul, Eun-bi's twin sister lives with a woman who adopted her. Due to bullying, Eun-bi decided to end her life but she was saved by her twin sister. Eun-bi had amnesia after that. When Eun-byul's adoptive mother mistook Eun-bi as Eun-byul, she starts to assume the identity of her twin sister. Eun-byul leaves in the end to pursue her dreams whilst Eun-bi remains in the school.
A star swimmer at Sekang High School. He was great childhood friends with Go Eun-byul, and had feelings for her. He is loyal to his friends and although from a poor background, works really hard to help his father at the same time to become a national champion in swimming. He starts to question the identity of Eun-byul (who is actually Eun-bi in disguise), but as time goes by, he falls for Eun-bi unknowingly.
Described by his father an idiotic and problematic child, Gong Tae-kwang is widely known as a troublemaker in school. His father is the director of Sekang High School and his mother is a famous actress, but his classmates don't know about this. He is portrayed as a happy-go-lucky person who just wanted to cause trouble, but behind his smile, he was actually a struggling child with a painful life. He suffered a lot but everything changed when he met Lee Eun-bi and stood by her side, even when Kang So-young decided to make her life hell. He developed one sided feelings for her and confesses to her later on.
- Class 2–3
- Lee Pil-mo as Kim Joon-seok (homeroom teacher)
He is pricked by his guilty conscience after a massive cover-up involving the death of one of his students.
- Lee David as Park Min-joon (class president)
An intelligent and hardworking student who is always at the top of his class. Pressured by his study-centric mother to do well, he feels overwhelmed.
- Kim Hee-jung as Cha Song-joo
Go Eun-byul and Lee Shi-jin best friend. She is torn between staying loyal to Eun-byul and accepting So-young's friendship advances. After finding out Lee Eun-bi's real identity she also became best friends with her.
- Lee Cho-hee as Lee Shi-jin
She is best friends with Go Eun-byul and Cha Sung-joo. She is jealous of her friends who seem to have a passion and tries to seek out one of her own. After finding out Lee Eun-bi's real identity she also became best friends with her.
- Cho Soo-hyang as Kang So-young
A school bully who found pleasure in bullying Eun-bi. Her transfer to Eun-byul's school soon leads to mistrust and problems between the students.
- Park Doo-sik as Kwon Ki-tae
- Yooyoung as Jo Hae-na
- Jang In-sub as Sung Yoon-jae
- Kim Bo-ra as Seo Young-eun
- Kim Min-seok as Min-suk
- Choi Hyo-eun as Hyo-eun
- Lee Jin-kwon as Jin-kwon
- Ji Ha-yoon as Ha-yoon
- Park Ah-sung as Ah-sung
- Seo Cho-won as Cho-won
- Jo Byung-gyu as Byung-gyu
- Kwon Eun-soo as Eun-soo
- Oh Woo-jin as Woo-jin
- Jung Ye-ji as Ye-ji
- Lee Seung-ho as Seung-ho
- Han Sung-yeon as Sung-yeon
- Sekang High School faculty
- Jeon Mi-seon as Song Mi-kyung (Eun-byul's adoptive mother and later Eun-bi's)
- Jeon No-min as Director Gong Jae-ho (Tae-kwang's father)
- Jung In-gi as Park Joon-hyung (Min-joon's father)
- Kim Jung-nan as Shin Jung-min (Min-joon's mother)
- Kim Se-ah as Shin Yi-young (Shi-jin's mother)
- Jo Deok-hyun as Prosecutor Kang (So-young's father)
- Jung Jae-eun as So-young's mother
- Lee Dae-yeon as Han Ki-choon (Yi-ahn's father)
- Lee Hyun-kyung as Nuri High School teacher (episode 1)
- Lee Jae-in as Ra-jin (episodes 1, 5, 14)
- Kim Bo-ra as Kim Kyung-jin (episode 1)
- Shin Seung-joon & Lee Ho-geun as announcers (episode 1)
- Park Young-soo as noraebang owner (episode 2)
- Kim Min-young as Lee Soo-mi (Eun-bi's bully; episodes 1, 4–6)
- Lee Jung-eun as Seo Young-eun's mother (episodes 2–3)
- Choi Su-rin as Song Hee-young (Tae-kwang's mother; episode 4, 12, 14)
- Yum Gyung-hwan (episode 6)
- Kim Ga-young (Stellar) as school uniform model (episode 6)
- Sam Hammington as Sekang High's new English teacher (episode 15)
- Bae Soo-bin as Sekang High 2–3 class' homeroom teacher (episode 16)
- Kim Min-kyu as a swimmer.
- In the table below, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.
- NR denotes that the drama did not rank in the top 20 daily programs on that date.
|Episode #||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|TNmS Ratings||AGB Nielsen|
|1||April 27, 2015||4.8% (NR)||5.1% (NR)||3.8% (NR)||3.4% (NR)|
|2||April 28, 2015||4.8% (NR)||4.8% (NR)||4.2% (NR)||3.8% (NR)|
|3||May 4, 2015||6.5% (NR)||6.6% (NR)||4.1% (NR)||4.1% (NR)|
|4||May 5, 2015||6.3% (NR)||6.8% (NR)||5.9% (NR)||5.7% (NR)|
|5||May 11, 2015||6.7% (NR)||7.4% (NR)||5.0% (NR)||5.6% (NR)|
|6||May 12, 2015||7.1% (NR)||7.8% (20th)||6.0% (NR)||6.5% (NR)|
|7||May 18, 2015||7.3% (NR)||8.0% (NR)||6.0% (NR)||6.4% (NR)|
|8||May 19, 2015||7.6% (NR)||8.0% (NR)||6.7% (NR)||7.2% (NR)|
|9||May 25, 2015||7.8% (19th)||8.9% (18th)||6.8% (NR)||7.0% (NR)|
|10||May 26, 2015||7.4% (17th)||8.2% (15th)||7.1% (17th)||7.1% (19th)|
|11||June 1, 2015||8.2% (17th)||9.2% (15th)||6.9% (NR)||7.9% (NR)|
|12||June 2, 2015||8.1% (17th)||8.9% (14th)||7.0% (19th)||7.6% (18th)|
|13||June 8, 2015||8.9% (16th)||10.3% (14th)||7.7% (19th)||8.1% (15th)|
|14||June 9, 2015||8.6% (14th)||9.9% (11th)||8.1% (14th)||8.6% (18th)|
|15||June 15, 2015||9.2% (16th)||10.0% (12th)||7.5% (NR)||8.1% (18th)|
|16||June 16, 2015||9.7% (10th)||11.7% (6th)||8.2% (16th)||8.5% (15th)|
|Who are you: School 2015 OST|
|Soundtrack album by |
OST Part 1Edit
|Released on April 27, 2015|
|1.||"Reset"||Tiger JK feat. Jinsil||4:02|
OST Part 2Edit
|Released on May 4, 2015|
|1.||"Blow Away (바람에 날려)"||Baechigi feat. Punch||3:11|
|2.||"Blow Away (바람에 날려)" (Inst.)||3:11|
OST Part 3Edit
|Released on May 15, 2015|
|1.||"I'll Listen To What You Have To Say (너의 얘길 들어줄게)"||Yoon Mi-rae||3:14|
|2.||"I'll Listen To What You Have To Say (너의 얘길 들어줄게)" (Inst.)||3:14|
OST Part 4Edit
|Released on May 18, 2015|
OST Part 5Edit
|Released on May 25, 2015|
|2.||"Pray (기도)" (Inst.)||4:18|
OST Part 6Edit
|Released on June 1, 2015|
|1.||"Named (그 이름)"||Jonghyun and Taemin (SHINee)||3:37|
|2.||"Named (그 이름)" (Inst.)||3:37|
OST Part 7Edit
|Released on June 8, 2015|
|1.||"Return"||Wendy (Red Velvet) feat. Yuk Jidam||3:48|
OST Part 8Edit
|Released on June 16, 2015|
|1.||"Love Song"||Yook Sung-jae ( BtoB) (feat. Park Hye-soo)||3:25|
|2.||"Love Song" (Inst.)||3:25|
|1.||"Who are you?" (Opening Title)||Various Artists||3:34|
|3.||"Byul Bi Geurigo Eomma"||Various Artists||4:15|
|5.||"Gieokhae Geurigo Saranghae"||Various Artists||3:40|
|9.||"It's okay"||Various Artists||3:01|
|10.||"Naegen gidaeeododwae"||Various Artists||3:22|
|11.||"O Gyoshi"||Various Artists||3:35|
|13.||"Who am I?"||Various Artists||4:09|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2015||8th Korea Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Yook Sung-jae||Nominated|||
|Best New Actress||Cho Soo-hyang||Nominated|
|Star of the Year||Kim So-hyun||Won|
|4th APAN Star Awards||Best New Actor||Yook Sung-jae||Nominated|
|KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Kim So-hyun||Won|
|Best New Actor||Yook Sung-jae||Nominated|
|Netizen Award, Actress||Kim So-hyun||Won|
|Popularity Award, Actor||Nam Joo-hyuk||Won|
|Best Couple Award||Yook Sung-jae and Kim So-hyun||Won|
|Nam Joo-hyuk and Kim So-hyun||Nominated|
|2016||52nd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actor (TV)||Yook Sung-jae||Nominated|
|11th Soompi Awards||Breakout Actor||Nam Joo-hyuk||Won|||
|Best Bromance||Nam Joo-hyuk and Yook Sung-jae||Nominated|
|Best Supernatural Drama||Who Are You: School 2015||Won|
|Best Drama OST||Tiger JK feat. Jinsil (Reset)||Won|
There have been remakes of Who Are You: School 2015, produced in Thailand.
- Choi, He-suk (March 19, 2015). "FNC Entertainment's drama production drive continues". K-pop Herald. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "'Who Are You' to deal with mysteries of youth". The Korea Times. April 22, 2015. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Yoon, So-hee (April 6, 2015). '후아유-학교2015' 남주혁·김소현·육성재 환상호흡의 대본리딩 현장 공개. TenAsia (in Korean).
- Jones, Julie (April 2, 2015). "Who Are You – School 2015 Has A Cast". KDramaStars.
- '후아유-학교2015', 첫방송 시청률 3.8% ["Who Are You" Premieres with 3.8%]. Star News (in Korean). April 28, 2015.
- ‘후아유-학교2015’ 김소현의 흥미로운 1인2역…아쉬운 시청률 [School 2015: Interesting Roles of Kim Sohyun, Paltry Ratings]. news1 (in Korean). April 28, 2015.
- "'발칙하게 고고', 2015 KBS 월화극 최저시청률..'위기'" [The Unfortunate Ratings of KBS2's 2015 Programs]. Star News. October 6, 2015.
- "종영 '후아유', 한뼘 성장한 김소현x남주혁, 사랑 ING[종합]". OSEN (in Korean). June 16, 2015. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "Can't trust KBS Mon/Tue dramas?". Sports Chosun.
Poor ratings of KBS Mon/Tue dramas in 2015 Healer - 8.6% Blood - 4.7% Who Are You - 6.3% I Remember You - 4.7% Eccentric Daughter-in-Law - 5% Sassy Go Go - 3.4% Oh My Venus - 8.6%
- "Nam Joo-hyuk to meet fans in China". The Korea Times. October 9, 2015.
- "BTOB′s Yook Sung Jae Appears in 8 Ads in 3 Months". enewsWorld. September 24, 2015. Archived from the original on June 8, 2017. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "'Who Are You- School 2015' OSTs Has A Hot Popularity In Taiwan". Yahoo!. June 3, 2015.
- "'후아유', 방송 한 달 만에 시청률 두 배..인기 요인 뭘까". News Chosun. May 28, 2015. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Kim, Min-ji (March 31, 2015). "Nam Joo Hyuk Confirmed as Male Lead of School 2015". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on April 3, 2015. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "TNmS Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". TNmS Ratings (in Korean). Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- "AGB Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- "Korea Drama Awards 2015 – Nominees List". Beatus Corner. September 9, 2015. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- "Announcing the Results of the 11th Annual Soompi Awards 2015". Soompi. February 23, 2016. Retrieved November 10, 2019.