Type of site
|Alexa rank||14,650 (September 2014[update])|
|Launched||October 1, 2008|
Nadav Poraz founded the site in London, England, in 2008, as a way to track musical samples and cover songs. Mobile apps were released in 2012 and 2014 for iPhone and Android, respectively. The website's database is user-generated and reviewed by moderators before the content goes live. As of 2016, the site's most sampled track is the Amen break from The Winstons. In 2015, the site added support for film and television clips. The following year, it partnered with Spotify and introduced a six degrees of separation-inspired game that tracks relationships between artists, producers, and their tracks. In October 2017, WhoSampled partnered with KPM and Ableton and organised third 'Samplethon' competition at Point Blank Studios in London.
- Khan, Basheera (2009-12-01). "Say it isn't so – WhoSampled reveals the rip-offs in music". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- "Whosampled.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "WhoSampled is 8 Years Old!".
- "WhoSampled.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Dredge, Stuart (2014-09-23). "With 1 million users, WhoSampled brings its music DNA exploration to Android". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- Goldenberg, David (2016-09-22). "It Only Takes Six Seconds To Hear The World's Most Sampled Song". FiveThirtyEight. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- Solomon, Katie (2015-05-15). "Get to the chopper! WhoSampled adds movie and TV sample clips". TechRadar. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- Sawers, Paul (2016-02-08). "WhoSampled taps Spotify to show you who covered, remixed, or sampled your favorite songs". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- Pugsley, Adam (2016-07-06). "WhoSampled's new Six Degrees tool shows you how your favourite artists are connected". Chart Attack. Retrieved 2017-02-01.
- "WHOSAMPLED PRESENTS 'SAMPLETHON' COMPETITION AT POINT BLANK LONDON WITH KPM & ABLETON". DJMag.com. 2017-10-05. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "WhoSampled presents third Samplethon contest hosted by Point Blank Studios". www.solvdmag.com. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "WhoSampled teams up with Sony/ATV for new Samplethon | Complete Music Update". www.completemusicupdate.com. Retrieved 2017-11-08.