White's Directories were a series of directory publications issued by William White of Sheffield, England, beginning in the 1820s. White began his career in publishing by working for Edward Baines.[nb 1]
- "White's Directories (advert)", White's general and commercial directory of Hull, 1882,
- Pigot and Co.'s National Commercial Directory for the Whole of Scotland and of the Isle of Man, ... Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Hull, Birmingham, Sheffield, Carlisle, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne, London: J. Pigot & Co., 1837
- M. T. Wild and G. Shaw (1974). "Locational Behaviour of Urban Retailing during the Nineteenth Century: The Example of Kingston upon Hull". Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers (61): 101–118. doi:10.2307/621602. JSTOR 621602.
- Post office directory of Sheffield. Kelley and Co. 1854.
- John Parker Anderson (1881), "Yorkshire: Sheffield", Book of British Topography: a Classified Catalogue of the Topographical Works in the Library of the British Museum Relating to Great Britain and Ireland, London: W. Satchell
- History, directory, and gazetteer, of the counties of Durham and Northumberland, and the towns and counties of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Berwick-upon-Tweed. Newcastle: Printed for W. White & Co. by E. Baines and Son. 1827–1828.
- Directory of the Borough of Leeds, the City of York, and the Clothing District of Yorkshire. Leeds: Printed for Wm. Parson & Wm. White by Edward Baines and Son. 1830.
- William White (1836), History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk, and the City and County of the City of Norwich, Printed for the author by R. Leader, OCLC 25166377, OL 20613547M
- William White (1837), History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of the West-Riding of Yorkshire, with the City of York and Port of Hull, Sheffield: W. White
- William White (1840). History, gazetteer and directory of the East and North Ridings of Yorkshire. Sheffield: Robert Leader for the author.
- History, gazetteer, and directory of Suffolk, and the towns near its borders. Sheffield: Printed for the author by R. Leader and sold by W. White. 1844.
- General directory of the town and borough of Sheffield, Sheffield: William White, 1845
- William White (1846), History, gazetteer, and directory of Leicestershire, and the small county of Rutland, Sheffield: Printed for the author, by R. Leader, OL 14012344M
- History, gazetteer and directory of Lincolnshire, and the city and diocese of Lincoln. Sheffield: W. White. 1872.
- History, gazetteer and directory of the county of Hampshire, including the Isle of Wight, Sheffield: W. White, 1878
- History, Gazetteer and Directory of the County of Devon including the City of Exeter (2nd ed.), Sheffield: William White, 1878, OL 14012345M
- Historical Directories, UK: University of Leicester. Includes digitised White's directories, various dates
- "William White of Sheffield", WorldCat
|This article about a reference book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|