Wheatfield Township, Jasper County, Indiana
Location in Jasper County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||43.47 sq mi (112.6 km2)|
|• Land||43.36 sq mi (112.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.11 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.25%|
|Elevation||656 ft (200 m)|
|• Density||101.4/sq mi (39.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0454050|
Wheatfield Township was established in 1858.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.47 square miles (112.6 km2), of which 43.36 square miles (112.3 km2) (or 99.75%) is land and 0.11 square miles (0.28 km2) (or 0.25%) is water. The stream of Delehanty Ditch runs through this township.
Cities and townsEdit
- Pleasant Township, Porter County (northeast)
- Kankakee Township (east)
- Walker Township (southeast)
- Keener Township (west)
- Boone Township, Porter County (northwest)
Wheatfield Township residents are eligible to obtain a free library card from the Jasper County Public Library.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 51.
- "How do I get a library card?". Jasper County Public Library. Retrieved 8 March 2018.