What Have They Done to Your Daughters?
|What Have They Done to Your Daughters?|
|Directed by||Massimo Dallamano|
|Story by||Ettore Sanzò|
|Produced by||Paolo Infascelli|
|Cinematography||Franco Delli Colli|
|Edited by||Antonio Siciliano|
|Music by||Stelvio Cipriani|
|Box office||₤1.344 billion|
Police officers investigated the death of 14-year-old Silvia Polvesi who has been found hanged after receiving an anonymous phone call. After interrogating suspects and witnesses, a tape is discovered where several sexual encounters were recorded. This leads the police to an under-age prostitution ring and a motorcycle riding serial killer.
- Giovanna Ralli as Deputy Attorney Vittoria Stori
- Claudio Cassinelli as Commissioner Silvestri
- Mario Adorf as Commissioner Valentini
- Franco Fabrizi as Bruno Paglia
- Farley Granger as Mr. Polvesi
- Marina Berti as Miss Polvesi
- Paolo Turco as Marcello Tosti
- Corrado Gaipa as Prosecutor
- Micaela Pignatelli as Rosa
- Sherry Buchanan as Silvia Polvesi
- Attilio Dottesio as the Coroner
The film was shot at Dear Studios in Rome.
The film is considered a hybrid of two genres: the giallo and the poliziottesco. The film was one among the many hybrid gialli made predominantly between 1974 and 1975 when the popularity of the giallo was waning at the Italian box office while the poliziottesco were beginning to gain box office dominance.
In his book Italian Crime Filmography, 1968–1980, Roberto Curti described the film as the best of the giallo and poliziottesco hybrids, stating that "Dallamano's direction is well above average". Danny Shipka, author of a book on European exploitation films found the film "doesn't hold as much of a grip as" What Have You Done to Solange? as it focused too much on police protocol, but was still "an intense gritty film that deserves to be seen."
- Curti 2013, p. 125.
- Curti 2013, p. 124.
- Shipka, p. 110. sfn error: no target: CITEREFShipka (help)
- Barrett, Micahel (10 August 2018). "Blood, Police and Politics in 'What Have They Done to Your Daughters'". PopMatters. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (Blu-ray back cover). Arrow Video. 2018. AV159.
- Curti 2013, p. 126.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La polizia chiede aiuto.|