WestRock is an American corrugated packaging company. It was formed in July 2015 after the merger of MeadWestvaco and RockTenn. WestRock is the 2nd largest American packaging company. It is one of the world's largest paper and packaging companies with US$15 billion in annual revenue and 42,000 employees in 30 countries. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, consolidating offices from Norcross, Georgia and Richmond, Virginia.
|Steve C. Voorhees (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$14.86 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
History and acquisitionsEdit
MeadWestvaco stockholders received 0.78 shares of the combined company. Rock-Tenn stockholders chose either one share of the combined company or a specific cash amount for each of their shares.
In October 2015, WestRock purchased SP Fiber Holdings, Inc.
In January 2016, the company acquired Cenveo Packaging for $105 million which manufactures folded cartons and litho-laminated display packaging like MiraFoil, coil foil, and low migration ink systems.
In March 2017 WestRock purchased Star Pizza box, largest US manufacturer and distributor of pizza boxes.
In June 2017, the company acquired Multi Packaging Solutions International (MPS) for an enterprise value of $2.28 billion. MPS has 59 locations across North America, Europe, and Asia and will enhance Westrock's print, graphics, and design capabilities for more penetration in spirits, confectionery, beauty and cosmetics packaging.
In January 2018, the company acquired Plymouth Packaging, Inc. Later that month, WestRock announced that it would acquire rival pulp and paper company Kapstone. The deal is expected to close by the end of the third quarter of 2018. The company ranked 194th on the 2018 Fortune 500 of the largest United States corporations by revenue.
- http://fortune.com/fortune500/westrock/[full citation needed]
- "WestRock Company Formed with Completion of Merger of MeadWestvaco and RockTenn". GlobalNewsWire. July 1, 2015. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- McDermott, John (May 18, 2015). "MeadWestvaco, Rock-Tenn to be called WestRock after merger". Post and Courier. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- LLC, WestRock Shared Services. "WestRock Completes Acquisition of SP Fiber Holdings, Inc". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "WestRock acquires Cenveo Packaging for $105m". bakeryandsnacks.com. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Corrugated: WestRock acquires Star Pizza Box with five plants; LDI buys Miller Container – RISI – Objective Insight. Better Decisions". RISI – Objective Insight. Better Decisions. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "Silgan Completes Acquisition of Dispensing Systems Business". BusinessWire. 2017-04-06. Retrieved 2017-12-24.
- "WestRock completes acquisition of Multi Packaging Solutions International – Packaging Business Review". containers.packaging-business-review.com. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "WestRock (WRK) Buys Plymouth Packaging to Expand Portfolio". NASDAQ.com. 2018-01-09. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "WestRock Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire KapStone for $35 per Share". WestRock Company. January 29, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- "Fortune 500 Companies 2018". Fortune 500. Retrieved March 19, 2019.
- Official website
- Business data for WestRock:
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|