This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wendy McElroy (born 1951) is a Canadian individualist feminist and anarcho-capitalist writer. She was a co-founder along with Carl Watner and George H. Smith of The Voluntaryist magazine in 1982 and is the author of a number of books. McElroy is the editor of the website ifeminists.net.
|Born||1951 (age 67–68)|
McElroy is the author of the book Rape Culture Hysteria, in which she contends that rape culture is a result of popular hysteria to the disadvantage of men, and in particular, white men.
In November 2014, McElroy was scheduled to debate Jessica Valenti at a Brown University Janus Forum debate on "How Should Colleges Handle Sexual Assault?". Before the debate, Brown President Christina Paxson sent out a campus-wide e-mail saying she disagreed with McElroy's views. Also, Paxson setup an alternative event at the same time. The actions of Brown students and Paxson were criticized by various commentators.
- National Identification Systems: Essays in Opposition, by Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy, January 1, 2004 ISBN 0-7864-1595-9
- Debates of Liberty: An Overview of Individualist Anarchism, 1881–1908, February 1, 2003 ISBN 0-7391-0473-X
- Liberty for Women: Freedom and Feminism in the Twenty-First Century. Chicago: Ivan R. Dee. 2002. ISBN 978-1566634359. OCLC 260069067.
- Sexual Correctness: The Gender-Feminist Attack on Women, June 2001
- Dissenting Electorate: Those Who Refuse to Vote and the Legitimacy of Their Opposition by Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy, January 1, 2001
- Individualist Feminism of the Nineteenth Century: Collected Writings and Biographical Profiles, January 1, 2001
- Queen Silver: The Godless Girl (Women's Studies (Amherst, N.Y.), Queen Selections Silver, December 1, 1999 – about her friend Queen Selections Silver.
- Freedom, Feminism, and the State by Wendy McElroy, Lewis Perry, February 1, 1999
- The Reasonable Woman: A Guide to Intellectual Survival, April 1, 1998
- XXX: A Woman's Right to Pornography Prelude Press, 1995, ISBN 0-312-13626-9
- Liberty, 1881–1908: A Comprehensive Index, January 1982
- Contributor (2008). Hamowy, Ronald (ed.). The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Cato Institute. doi:10.4135/9781412965811. ISBN 978-1-4129-6580-4. LCCN 2008009151. OCLC 750831024. Missing or empty
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Feminism and Women's Rights". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. pp. 173–76. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n106. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Godwin, William (1756–1836)". Godwin, William (1856–1836). p. 211. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n126. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Price, Richard (1723–1791)". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. pp. 388–89. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n240. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Voltaire (1694–1778)". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. p. 523. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n319. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Voluntarism". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. p. 524. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n320. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Wollstonecraft, Mary (1759–1797)". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. pp. 545–46. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n331. ISBN 9781412965804.
- "ifeminists.com > about". ifeminists.net.
- Reviewed in:
- Presley, Sharon (July 11, 2016). "A Review of Rape Culture Hysteria: Fixing the Damage Done to Men and Women". Libertarianism.org. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Beaver, William (Fall 2016). "Book Review". The Independent Review. 21 (2). Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Shaw, Jane S. "Is There Really a Rape Culture on Our Campuses?". The James G. Martin Center for Academic Renewal. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Brandfield-Harvey, Camilla; Kelly, Caroline (November 17, 2014). "Janus Forum sexual assault event sparks controversy". The Brown Daily Herald. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Saffron, Jesse (November 20, 2014). "An Intellectual Cocoon". National Review. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Summers, Adam B. (April 1, 2015). "The macroagression of shutting down debate". The Orange County Register. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Shulevitz, Judith (May 21, 2015). "In College and Hiding From Scary Ideas [Opinion]". The New York Times. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Courtland, Shane (February 19, 2018). "Protecting speech on college campuses is essential to the pursuit of knowledge". The State Journal. Clarksburg, WV: WVNews.com. Retrieved April 11, 2018.