Welschnofen (German pronunciation: [vɛlʃn̩'oˑfn̩]; Italian: Nova Levante [ˈnɔːva leˈvante]) is a comune (municipality) in the autonomous province of South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 15 kilometres (9 mi) southeast of the city of Bolzano.
Comune di Nova Levante
|Province||South Tyrol (BZ)|
|• Mayor||Markus Dejori|
|• Total||50.8 km2 (19.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,182 m (3,878 ft)|
(31 March 2017)
|• Density||38/km2 (99/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The escutcheon is party per quarterly: the 1st and the 4th represent an or rampant lion on sable, the arms of the Judge Bartlmä von Pretzenberg which has had an estate in the municipality. In the 2nd and 3rd quarter an azure mountain is surmounted by an argent pretzels on gules. The emblem was adopted in 1967.
As of November 30, 2010, it had a population of 1,910 and an area of 50.8 square kilometres (19.6 sq mi).
The municipality includes the village of Karersee, named after the nearby alpine lake by the same name, Karersee.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Heraldry of the World: Welschnofen
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- "Volkszählung 2011/Censimento della popolazione 2011". astat info. Provincial Statistics Institute of the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol (38): 6–7. June 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Welschnofen.|