Welcome to the Wayne
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Welcome to the Wayne is an American children's animated television series created by Billy Lopez. It premiered on July 24, 2017 on Nickelodeon. Welcome to the Wayne originated as an online web series, that was originally released on Nick.com from November 14 to December 26, 2014. On Nicktoons (UK and Ireland), the TV version has aired from January 15, 2018 until February 2018 as part of Toons Afternoons, the afternoon schedule for Nicktoons UK. Several Internet television services like Now TV have all episodes for streaming.
|Welcome to the Wayne|
|Created by||Billy Lopez|
|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"Welcome to the Wayne!" by Anna Waronker & Charlotte Caffey|
|Ending theme||"Welcome to the Wayne!" (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||20 (list of episodes)|
Billy Lopez (co-executive producer)
Nickelodeon Animation Studio
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Surround 5.1|
November 14 –
December 26, 2014
July 24 – September 21, 2017
The series was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program.
The Wayne is a New York apartment building which is not your typical kind. Upon moving to The Wayne, a new member named Ansi Molina befriends two youngsters named Olly and Saraline Timbers where they go on a journey & mission to discover the remains of The Wayne where everything won't be as it seems while also going up against the strange creatures dwelling in the Wayne as well as a group of secret agents who are also part of the building.
- Ansi Molina (voiced by Alanna Ubach) – The main protagonist. Still a newcomer to the Wayne, Ansi has lived in many different places with his family in the past. He has had few friends or social experiences as a result, and is comforted primarily by books. A recent recruit to Team Timbers, he is often unfamiliar with Wayne Phenomena and needs it to be explained to him, but sometimes dislikes being treated as inexperienced by Olly and Saraline as a result. He is nonetheless loyal to them as his best friends.
- Olly Timbers (voiced by Billy Lopez) – A frequent source of comic relief, Olly is Ansi's best friend and Saraline's older brother. He is sunny and optimistic even when Team Timbers' lives are in danger, but despite his outgoing and silly demeanor, has proven that he can be thoughtful and intelligent when the situation calls for it. He is equipped with a grappling hook.
- Saraline Timbers (voiced by Dana Steingold) – Olly's seven (later in season one, eight)-year-old sister, Saraline is serious, intelligent, and skilled with gadgets, and often acts as Team Timbers' leader. She is sometimes characterized as "bossy" by her brother and Ansi as a result. Saraline often struggles with making and maintaining friendships. She is not taken seriously by adults at the Wayne, who believe her to be only a "little girl". She is often equipped with an extendable claw device.
- Albert Molina (voiced by Alfred Molina) - Ansi's divorced father.
- Harvey Timbers (voiced by Richard Kind) - The father of Olly and Saraline and the husband of Olympia. He also works as a comedian.
- Olympia Timbers (voiced by Annie Potts) - The mother of Olly and Saraline and Harvey's wife.
- Leif Bornwell III (voiced by David Hornsby, originally portrayed by Noah Galvin) – A rich and somewhat selfish resident of the Wayne who credits himself for others' actions and whom Team Timbers has difficulty tolerating. He and Saraline become friends due to their feelings of mutual social isolation. Leif is often seen riding around on a segway.
- The Spy from Apartment 8-I (voiced by Veronica Taylor) – A female spy who is one of the series' antagonists. Very little is known about the Spy from Apartment 8-I except that she works with Masterson and Flowershirt and desires control of the Wayne. She is a common suspect of Team Timbers in Wayne-related phenomenon. Olly believes her blonde hair is dyed.
- Masterson (voiced by Marc Thompson) – An associate of the Spy from Apartment 8-I, she sent Masterson to pursue Team Timbers' cards and also pick up some milk. Masterson always fails both tasks.
- Flowershirt (voiced by Robbie Sublett, originally portrayed by Bill Lobley) – An associate of the Spy from Apartment 8-I and Masterson.
- Jonah Bishop (voiced by Carey Means, originally portrayed by Korey Jackson) – An intelligent archaeological professor who seems to be well-versed in Wayne Phenomena who does not take Team Timbers' efforts to investigate it seriously due to their age. Olly, in particular, seems to look up to him.
- George the Doorman (voiced by Dave Willis, originally portrayed by Bill Lobley) – The Wayne's residential doorman who often seems oblivious to the Wayne Phenomenon, but remains friendly with Team Timbers and their associates.
- Wendell William Wasserman (voiced by Dana Snyder) – The son of vampire hunters, Wendell seeks to capture a vampire for himself to prove that he is as capable as his parents. He is somewhat friendly with Ansi due to their shared desire to prove themselves. In his capacity as a vampire hunter, Wendell can telepathically control spoons which terrify vampires for some reason.
- Dennis O'Bannon (voiced by Emo Philips) - A tennis-playing rich kid. He originally picked on Team Timbers until he befriended them upon being able to see the Wayne Phenomena without suffering the repercussions that follow.
- Julia Wiles (voiced by Nikki M. James) – A resident of the Wayne whom Ansi is friendly with, often tasked with looking after a weasel named Mimsy. She does not believe Ansi's stories about Team Timbers, and initially Olly and Saraline are not fond of her as a result, although they warm up to her later on. Ansi is suggested to have a crush on her.
- Clara Rhone (voiced by Harriett D. Foy) – The female chief librarian who runs the Wayne's secret library called the Stanza and befriends Ansi when he discovers it.
- Tony Stanza (voiced by Spriggs Fryman) - A masked figure who is the keeper of the Stanza's Archival Room.
- John Keats (voiced by Billy Bob Thompson) - A Squidgit that works at the Stanza and is befriended by Ansi.
- Goodness (voiced by Charnele Crick) -
- Andrei (voiced by Andrew Rannells) – A resident of the Wayne who is discovered to be a vampire. Andrei suffers from amnesia and remembers nothing about his past, but Team Timbers discovers that he is a vampire and helps him rediscover his name.
|2018||Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program||Welcome to the Wayne||Nominated|||
- "UPDATED: Watch Welcome to the Wayne". www.nowtv.com. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- "Ansi Molina". Nick.com. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Rise and Shine Sleepyhead". Welcome to the Wayne.
- "Today Was Wassome". Welcome to the Wayne.
- "Olly Timbers". Nick.com. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Saraline Timbers". Nick.com. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Mail Those Cards, Boys!". Welcome to the Wayne.
- "Leif Bornewell III". Nick.com. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "The Spy from Apartment 8-I". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Masterson". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Flowershirt". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Jonah Bishop". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "George the Doorman". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Wendell Wasserman". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Julia Wiles". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Like a Happy, Happy Bird". Welcome to the Wayne.
- "Clara Rhone". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- "Goodness". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- Swift, Andy; Swift, Andy (2017-07-27). "Andrew Rannells Joins Nickelodeon's Welcome to the Wayne — Watch Clip". TVLine. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Some Kind of Tap-Dancing, Beekeeping Whaler". Welcome to the Wayne.
- Montgomery, Daniel (2018-04-28). "2018 Daytime Emmy winners: Full list of Creative Arts Awards winners and nominees". GoldDerby. Retrieved 2018-04-28.