|Wayne Highlands School District|
474 Grove Street
Honesdale, Pennsylvania, 18431-1099
|Established||1 July 1970|
Organized on July 1, 1970, the district operates preschools, four elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. It covers 435 square miles (1,130 km2) (roughly one-third the size of Rhode Island), making it the second largest geographical school district in the state. According to federal census data, the district's population decreased by 636 residents from 21,506 residents in 2000. In 2009, the District residents’ per capita income was $17,330, while the median family income was $40,683. In the Commonwealth, the median family income was $49,501  and the United States median family income was $49,445, in 2010.
Regions and constituent municipalitiesEdit
The district is divided into three regions, which include the following municipalities:
- Damascus Area School
- Honesdale High School
- Lakeside Elementary School
- Preston Area School
- Stourbridge Primary School
- Wayne Highlands Middle School
Wayne Highlands School District offers a wide variety of clubs, activities and an extensive sports program.
The District funds:
- Middle School Sports
According to PIAA directory July 2012 
- US Census Bureau, 2010 Census Poverty Data by Local Educational Agency, 2011
- http://www.auditorgen.state.pa.us/archives/School/225fauva.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- US Census Bureau, American Fact Finder, 2009
- US Census Bureau (2010). "American Fact Finder, State and County quick facts".
- US Census Bureau (September 2011). "Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2010" (PDF).
- "School Board". Wayne Highlands School District. Schoolwires, Inc. 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletics Association (2012). "PIAA School Directory".