This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wave Broadband (stylized as wave) is an American provider of residential, business, and enterprise class cable TV, broadband Internet, and telephone services to around 455,000 customers in Washington, Oregon, and California. Wave provides services via their own fiber-optic network and has approximately 1,300+ employees.
Kirkland, Washington, U.S.
|Washington, Oregon, and California|
|James Holanda, CEO|
|Services||Residential, business, and enterprise class fiber-optic, Internet access, VoIP, and cable television|
The company was founded by its former CEO, Steve Weed, in 2003, by purchasing cable systems owned by Northland Communications, Cedar Communications, and Charter Communications in Washington and Oregon. It was expanded by acquiring other, some distressed, cable, telecommunications, and broadband companies.
On May 22, 2017 it was announced that Wave was to be acquired by TPG Capital for $2.36 billion. Wave Broadband will be combined with other cable/internet companies controlled by TPG Capital, RCN and Grande. RCN provides services along the East Coast and in Chicago similar to those of Wave; Grande operates throughout Texas. Wave is expected to continue to operate under its brand after the merger is complete. The acquisition of Wave by TPG was completed on January 24, 2018.
- "About Wave". Wave Broadband. WaveDivision Holdings LLC. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Charter Cable selling Port Orchard system for reported $91 million"
- "Wave Acquires CPI, Extending Wave’s Broadband Fiber Network"
- "Wave Broadband and WOW! Internet, Cable, and Phone to Acquire Broadstripe"
- "Wave Acquires Spectrum Networks and CondoInternet"
- "Black Rock Cable to Merge with Wave Broadband
- "Wave Broadband and RCN Combine to Form one of the Largest Independent Internet and Cable Operators in the Country"
- "Wave Broadband acquired for $2.36B by TPG Capital"
- "TPG Completes Wave Broadband Deal". Multichannel. Retrieved 2018-01-24.