Watisoni Votu (born 25 March 1985 in Lautoka, Fiji) is a Fijian rugby union player. He plays Wing or Centre for Fiji on international level. Watisoni also played for the province, Lautoka. Following a series of visa complications Votu's transfer was delayed to English Aviva Premiership side Exeter Chiefs,
Votu in 2014
|Birth name||Watisoni Votu|
|Date of birth||25 March 1985|
|Place of birth||Lautoka, Fiji|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Watisoni Votu got to be a part of the Fiji Sevens team in 2009 for the 2008-09 IRB 7s World Series.
Votu made his debut for Fiji in 2012 against Japan in the Pacific Nations Cup. He then was named in the sides 2012 end of year tour campaign. Votu took part in all four matches, playing against Gloucester, Ireland XV, Georgia and England.
Votu transfer to Exeter was completed on 9 January 2013. This took Exeter even longer due to an incident that took place in Levuka Town in Ovalau, Fiji in which Votu allegedly assaulted a woman. It was announced on 20 April 2013 that Votu at the conclusion of the 2012/2013 season will join French side USA Perpignan.
- "Japan v Fiji". ESPN scrum.
- 2012 end-of-year rugby union tests
- BBC Sport. "Exeter Chiefs finally complete Watisoni Votu deal". Brent Pilnick. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- SAUVAKACOLO, SITERI (18 July 2012). "Votu Faces Court". Fiji Sun.
- "Perpignan confirm seven new signings". ESPNScrum. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Pau : Watisoni Votu aurait signé". actu. 13 April 2015.