Water polo at the 1932 Summer Olympics
|Men's water polo|
at the Games of the X Olympiad
|Competitors||41 from 5 nations|
- 4 August
|Germany||7 – 3||Brazil|
- 6 August
|United States||6 – 1||Brazil|
|Hungary||6 – 2||Germany|
- 7 August
|United States||10 – 0||Japan|
- 8 August
|Hungary||17 – 0||Japan|
- 9 August
|United States||4 – 4||Germany|
- 11 August
|Hungary||7 – 0||United States|
- 12 August
|Germany||10 – 0||Japan|
|United States (USA)||3||1||1||1||14||11||+3||3||0–7||4–4||10–0||6–1|
- Brazil was disqualified after their players assaulted officials at the end of their match against Germany. Their two matches were annulled.
Each country was allowed to enter a team of 11 players and all were eligible for participation.
A total of 41(*) water polo players from 5 nations competed at the Los Angeles Games:
(*) NOTE: There are only players counted, which participated in one game at least.
Not all reserve players are known.
- "HistoFINA – Water polo medalists and statistics" (PDF). fina.org. FINA. September 2019. p. 4. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Water Polo at the 1932 Los Angeles Summer Games". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 21 November 2019.
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Olympic Movement, John E. Findling, Kimberly D. Pelle, Greenwood Publishing group, 2004
- PDF documents in the LA84 Foundation Digital Library:
- Water polo on the Olympedia website
- Water polo on the Sports Reference website