Water polo at the 1908 Summer Olympics
|Men's water polo|
at the Games of the IV Olympiad
|Dates||July 15 (quarterfinal) |
July 20 (semifinal)
July 22 (final)
|Competitors||28 from 4 nations|
- Victor Boin
- Herman Donners
- Fernand Feyaerts (captain)
- Oscar Grégoire
- Herman Meyboom
- Albert Michant (goalkeeper)
- Joseph Pletinckx
- George Cornet
- Charles Forsyth
- George Nevinson
- Paul Radmilovic
- Charles Sydney Smith (goalkeeper, captain)
- Thomas Thould
- George Wilkinson
- Bouke Benenga
- Johan Cortlever
- Jan Hulswit
- Eduard Meijer
- Karel Meijer
- Piet Ooms
- Johan Rühl (goalkeeper)
There was only one first round match scheduled. Great Britain, Sweden, and Austria (the last of which had withdrawn) were scheduled to have byes, while Belgium played the Netherlands.
|Feyaerts 6, Donners,
Austria withdrew before the tournament started, leaving Great Britain with a second bye.
|Grégoire 3, Meyboom 2,
Pletinckx 2, Feyaerts
|(4||-||2)||Hanson 3, Andersson|
Great Britain's first match was against Belgium, who had already won two games in the tournament.
|Feyaerts, Grégoire||(2||-||5)||Wilkinson 4, Forsyth 3,|
Ranking and statisticsEdit
|1||Great Britain||1||1||0||0||9||2||+ 7||2|
11 players scored during the three games of the tournament, including 5 of Belgium's poloists. The Belgian captain's 8 goals led the field, and he also gained the distinctions of having scored in each of the three games as well as the single-game high goal count at 6.
|George Wilkinson||Great Britain||4|
|4||Charles Forsyth||Great Britain||3|
|Paul Radmilovic||Great Britain||2|
- "HistoFINA – Water polo medalists and statistics" (PDF). fina.org. FINA. September 2019. p. 4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 April 2021. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Water Polo at the 1908 London Summer Games". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- PDF documents in the LA84 Foundation Digital Library:
- Water polo on the Olympedia website
- Water polo on the Sports Reference website