Warwick Parkway is a railway station with Park and Ride facilities on the western outskirts of Warwick in Warwickshire, England. It also serves the village of Budbrooke. Contrary to an initial report, the station is not owned by Chiltern Railways, but instead by Network Rail and Warwickshire County Council.
|Location||Budbrooke, District of Warwick|
|Managed by||Chiltern Railways|
|Classification||DfT category D|
|25 October 2000||Opened|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Warwick is also served by the older Warwick railway station in the town centre.
Warwick Parkway was opened on 25 October 2000. It was opened with Park and Ride facilities alongside the A46 and A4177 roads in order to encourage commuters to use the train, and to compensate for the lack of parking spaces at the nearby Warwick and Leamington Spa stations. It was financially supported by Warwickshire County Council. Planning permission was given for the station in March 1999, following a public inquiry in October 1998.
Each platform at the station has a real-time electronic information departure screen.
The station is staffed for much of the day and there are self-service ticket machines as well as a permit to travel machine just inside the entrance to the station. A subway links northbound and southbound platforms. Also there is a small cafe selling drinks and snacks.
Local Stagecoach in Warwickshire bus services 68 and X17 also link the station with Warwick, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth and Coventry. There is also a National Express coach stop outside the station with regular links to Heathrow and Gatwick airports. The nearest village to the station is Hampton Magna, about 1 mile (1.6 km) from the station.
The station originally had 737 car parking spaces. Another 222 places were added in 2012 at a cost of £2.5 million. Work on the project started on 25 June 2012. Additional spaces were made available in phases from 29 October 2012 with an official opening in late November 2012.
The station is served by Chiltern on its London Marylebone to Birmingham (Moor Street or Snow Hill) service, which usually calls at half hourly intervals, this is augmented by a few West Midlands Trains services between Birmingham and Leamington at peak periods.
- "Planning application reference WDC/12CC001 submitted by Chiltern Railways" (PDF). Warwickshire County Council. 18 August 2011. p. 10. Retrieved 13 June 2020.
- "Full Steam Ahead At Warwick Parkway". cwn. 25 October 2000. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Warwick Parkway extension given go ahead". Department for Transport. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "Warwick Parkway sees £2.5m car park expansion". BBC News. BBC. 26 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- "New car park opens at Warwick Parkway railway station". Leamington Courier. Johnston Press. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- Table 71 & 115 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Warwick Parkway railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Warwick Parkway railway station from National Rail
- Photos of Warwick Parkway Station
- Rail Around Birmingham and the West Midlands: Warwick Parkway station
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London to Birmingham
Chiltern Main Line fast services
Leamington Spa to Stratford-upon-Avon
|West Midlands Railway