Warren County Technical School
Warren County Technical School is a technical and vocational public high school located in Washington, which serves students in ninth through twelfth grades as well as adult learners from across Warren County, New Jersey, United States, as part of the Warren County Technical School District. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1996.
|Warren County Technical School|
|Type||Vocational public high school|
|School district||Warren County Technical School District|
|Enrollment||478 (as of 2015-16)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.0:1|
|Color(s)||Navy blue, Columbia blue and White|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
As of the 2015-16 school year, the school had an enrollment of 478 students and 43.5 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.0:1. There were 118 students (24.7% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 45 (9.4% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
In addition to students in its full-time high school programs, the school also serves 150 adult students in the fields of Licensed Practical Nursing, Cosmetology, HVAC, Welding, and Black Seal Certification.
Awards, recognition and rankingsEdit
Schooldigger.com ranked the school tied for 190th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (an increase of 72 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the two components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA), mathematics (75.5%) and language arts literacy (96.1%).
Facilities and programsEdit
Warren County Technical School completed construction of a 150,000-square-foot (14,000 m2) addition that included the creation of a theater for the use of the school's performing arts program. The total cost was $6.7 million.
High school programsEdit
- Electrical Applications
- Law and Public Safety
- Television, Radio, and Digital Media
- Health Sciences
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry and General Construction
- Business Management (RIP 2018)
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts
- Commercial Graphic Arts
- Child Development
- Fire Science
- Computer Programming (opened during the 2017-2018 school year)
The Warren Tech Knights compete in 10 interscholastic athletic programs:
- Fall: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys and Girls Soccer, Volleyball
- Winter: Boys and Girls Basketball, Cheerleading
- Spring: Baseball, Softball
- School data for Warren County Vocational Technical School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 12, 2018.
- Warren County Technical School, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools. Accessed February 8, 2018.
- School overview, New Jersey Council of County Vocational–Technical Schools. Accessed January 21, 2013.
- School Overview; Click on "Rankings" for 2003-11 HSPA results, Schooldigger.com. Accessed March 10, 2012.
- Athletics, Warren County Technical School. Accessed August 14, 2017.