Wanhua railway station
Wanhua Station Front
|Location||382 Kangding Rd|
|Distance||31.1 km from Keelung|
|Connections||200 m: Bannan line (BL10 Longshan Temple)|
|Classification||一等站 (Taiwan Railways Administration level)|
|Opened||25 August 1901|
|Previous names||Bangka Station (艋舺站)|
|Passengers||8,786 daily (2014)|
The station is divided into east and west buildings. The station entrance, lobby, and ticket counters are located in the west building. The station exit, parcel center, and offices are located in the east building. The station is equipped with one island platform and one side platform, both underground.
Although not constructed yet, the station is built with a foundation for a twenty-story building. The station allows payment using the EasyCard for stations between Zhongli and Keelung, as well as between Ruifang and Hsinchu .
- 25 August 1901: The station opened as "Bangkah Station" (Japanese: 艋舺停車場). It was located at the intersection of modern-day Zhonghua Rd. and Aiguo W. Rd.
- 1 July 1918: The station location was moved west to its current location.
- 1920: The station named was changed to Banka Station (萬華驛).
- 22 January 1921: Became a terminus with the opening of the Shinten (Xindian) railway line from Banka (Wanhua) to Kōkan Station (公館) (Gongguan).
- 24 March 1954: The Xindian line ceased operations.
- 19 September 1988: As part of the Wanban Project (萬板專案) construction, the station front was changed.
- 21 July 1999: After the tracks were moved underground as part of the Taipei Railway Underground Project, the new east and west buildings begin service.
|1||1||■ West Coast line (northbound)||toward Taipei, Songshan, Qidu, Keelung|
|■ West Coast line (cross-line southbound)||toward Hualien, Taitung|
|2||2A||■ West Coast line (northbound)
north/southbound cargo trains
|toward Taipei, Songshan, Qidu, Keelung|
|■ West Coast line (cross-line southbound)
cross-line North/southbound cargo trains
|toward Hualien, Taitung|
|■ West Coast line (northbound track)||Through service|
|■ West Coast line (southbound track)||toward Taichung, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
|3||2B||■ West Coast line (southbound)||toward Taichung, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Pingtung|
Around the StationEdit
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TRA Wanhua Station.|