Wang Luodan (Chinese:王珞丹, born 30 January 1984) is a Chinese actress and singer. She rose to fame because with the TV series Struggle (2007). She became increasingly popular after starring in My Youthfulness (2009) and A Story of Lala's Promotion (2010). Wang has also established herself in films Driverless (2010), Caught in the Web (2012) and The Dead End (2015). Due to her popularity, she was named one of the new New Four Dan Actresses in 2009. In 2013, she won Golden Rooster Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in the film Caught in the Web. Li ranked 74th on Forbes China Celebrity 100 list in 2014.
Wang Luodan in Hangzhou
|Born||30 January 1984|
Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China
|Alma mater||Beijing Film Academy|
|Instruments||Piano, Accordion, Drums, Guitar, Electric Guitar|
Early life and educationEdit
Wang rose to fame for her role in the highly popular youth drama, Struggle (2007), playing a girl from a wealthy family who is always optimistic in her never ending pursuit of love. She cemented her straightforward onscreen persona in My Youthfulness (2009), the second installment of Zhao Baogang's 'Youth' trilogy after Struggle.
After achieving success on the small screen, Wang ventured to films. She starred in the experimental indie film Twilight Dancing (2008) directed by Shu Ya.
Wang resumed her onscreen persona in the youth-oriented drama, Go La La Go! (2010) based on the novel of A Story of Lala's Promotion. The series attracted a large following among younger viewers and many of their middle-aged parents. The same year, Wang starred in the film Driverless. Opposite from her usual spunky roles, she plays a deaf-mute girl who is crazily in love with an amateur car racer and was praised by critics for her performance. Due to her popularity, she was named one of the new Four Dan Actresses and chosen as the Golden Eagle Goddess in 2010.
In 2012, Wang starred in the period war drama Detachment of Women, which broke her previous typecasting as a "pure and innocent maiden". The same year, she starred in Chen Kaige's social film Caught in the Web wherein she played an ambitious journalist. Her performance won her the Best Supporting Actress award at the 29th Golden Rooster Awards.
Wang then took a break from acting and work due to her hectic schedules, heading to New York University to further her studies for three months.
After she returned from her hiatus in 2014, Wang starred as the titular protagonist in her first historical drama The Virtuous Queen of Han. She also starred in the biographic film Rise of the Legend and road film The Continent, where she plays a prostitute that services guests at a road hotel. That year, she was chosen as the Most Valuable Chinese Actress.
In 2015, Wang starred in the cycling film To the Fore by Dante Lam. The same year, she starred in crime drama film The Dead End by Cao Baoping. The film drew critical acclaim and Wang won Best Supporting Actress at the 13th Changchun Film Festival.
In 2019, Wang returned to the big screen with the anthology film Half the Sky.
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2006||Qi Yue||七月||Qing Qing|||
|2008||Alternative Ways||非常道||Xiao Xin|
|Twilight Dancing||车逝||Mei Mei|
|2009||My Airhostess Roommate||恋爱前规则||Ran Jing|||
|2011||The Founding of a Party||建党伟业||Zhang Ruoming (Cameo)|||
|2012||Caught in the Web||搜索||Yang Jiaqi|
|Lethal Hostage||边境风云||Xiao An|||
|Legend of the Moles: The Treasure of Scylla||摩尔庄园2海妖宝藏||Voiced-dubbed|
|2013||Better and Better||越来越好之村晚||Zhou Yinan|||
|Love You for Loving Me||我爱的是你爱我||Shen Xiaole|||
|2014||The Continent||后会无期||Su Mi|
|Rise of the Legend||黄飞鸿之英雄有梦||Ah Chun|
|2015||To the Fore||破风||Huang Shiyao|
|Detective Gui||宅女侦探桂香||Gui Xiang|||
|The Dead End||烈日灼心||Yi Guxia|
|2016||The Secret||消失的爱人||Qiu Jie|||
|My War||我的战争||Meng Sanxia|||
|2019||Half the Sky||半边天|
|Gone with the Light||被光抓走的人|||
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Role||Notes|
|2004||Flying Butterfly||蝴蝶飞飞||Mai Lele|||
|2006||Sun Shining like Blossom||阳光像花一样绽放||Dan Juan|||
|Keke Xili||可可·西里||Ding Wenjing|
|Mother is a River||母亲是条河||Lee Datao|||
|2007||Coming Home||烽火孤儿||Du Wei/Du Wei's mother|||
|2008||An Earthshaking Seven Days||震撼世界的七日||Guan Xiaoxi|||
|Volleyball Heroic Woman||排球女将||Li Xue|||
|2009||My Youthfulness||我的青春谁做主||Qian Xiaoxiang|
|Dark Fragrance||暗香||Wu Yue|||
|2010||A Story of Lala's Promotion||杜拉拉升职记||Du Lala|
|2012||Detachment of Women||红娘子||Wang Xiaohong|
|Under the Hawthorn Tree||山楂树之恋||Jing Qiu|||
|2014||The Virtuous Queen of Han||卫子夫||Wei Zifu|
|2015||Turned to Say Love You||转身说爱你||Li Mingyu|||
|2017||ER Doctor||急诊科医生||Jiang Xiaoqi|
|Year||English title||Chinese title||Album|
|2006||"Wear My Love" (with Will Pan)||戴上我的爱||Around the World|
|2008||"Believe There's One Day"||相信有一天||Volleyball Heroic Woman OST|
|2010||"I Thought"||我以为||A Story of Lala's Promotion OST|
|"Driverless Love"||无人驾驶的爱情||Driverless OST|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2008||7th China TV Golden Eagle Award||Audience's Choice For Actress||Struggle||Nominated|
|2009||27th Flying Apsaras Awards||Outstanding Actress||Nominated|
|2010||16th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||My Youthfulness||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|China TV Golden Eagle Award||Audience's Choice For Actress||Nominated|
|1st College Students' Television Festival||Most Popular Actress||Won|||
|1st One Drama Presentation||Most Anticipated Theater Actress||N/A||Won|||
|2011||17th Shanghai Television Festival||Best Actress||A Story of Lala's Promotion||Nominated|
|13th Golden Phoenix Awards||Newcomer Award||N/A||Won|||
|2012||8th Huading Awards||Best Actress (Revolution-Era Drama)||Detachment of Women||Nominated|
|2012 New York Chinese Film Festival||Most Popular Asian Artist||N/A||Won|||
|2013||29th Golden Rooster Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Caught in the Web||Won|||
|2015||15th Chinese Film Media Awards||Most Anticipated Actress||The Continent||Nominated|
|7th Macau International Movie Festival||Best Actress||To the Fore||Nominated|
|13th Sichuan Television Festival||Best Actress||The Virtuous Queen of Han||Nominated|
|2016||19th Huading Awards||Best Actress (Contemporary Drama)||Turned to say Love You||Nominated|
|13th Changchun Film Festival||Best Supporting Actress||The Dead End||Won|||
|8th Macau International Movie Festival||Best Actress||My War||Nominated|
|2018||24th Huading Awards||Best Actress (Modern Drama)||ER Doctor||Nominated|||
- "Actress Wang Luodan dating writer Zhang Jiajia". Sina Corp.
- "2014 Forbes China Celebrity List (Full List)". Forbes. 6 May 2014.
- "Her hometown". BBC. 30 April 2013.
- "Exclusive: B Side of Wang Luodan". China Radio International. 14 November 2013.
- 通过电视剧《奋斗》走红 王珞丹：不想. Netease (in Chinese). 17 October 2017.
- "Celebrity photo shoot: Wang Luodan". People's Daily. 7 January 2011.
- "'Me generation' juggles career aspirations and family pressures". China Daily. 22 May 2009.
- "Wang Luodan starts from scratch on the big screen". CCTV.com. 3 November 2008.
- "'Du Lala' TV Drama in the Works". CCTV.com. 21 August 2009.
- "Career crazy Lala gets a fourth life". Global Times. 10 May 2010.
- "Wang Luodan lands new role by eavesdropping". People's Daily. 21 June 2010.
- 内地新"四小花旦"、"四大小生"出炉（图）. China News (in Chinese). 27 April 2009.
- 2010年金鹰女神—王珞丹. People's Daily (in Chinese). 11 October 2016.
- 《红娘子》12日收官 王珞丹挑梁与角色共成长. NetEase (in Chinese). 11 March 2012.
- "Role reversal". China Daily. 11 December 2012.
- 乐琴 (30 September 2013). "Awards handed out at the 22nd Golden Rooster Film Festival". China Daily.
- 《黄飞鸿之英雄有梦》首曝预告定档11.21 彭于晏亮狠辣拳脚 王珞丹首尝"持刀杀人". Mtime (in Chinese). 10 April 2014.
- "Wang Luodan: I identify with role in Han's new film". Ecns.cn. 22 July 2014.
- "Deng Chao, Wang Luodan: 2014's Most Valuable Chinese Stars". Yahoo News. 29 October 2014.
- "Screen cycles". China Daily. 6 August 2015.
- "The Dead End". Shenzhen Daily. 24 September 2015.
- "The 13th China Changchun Film Festival Ended". Jilin China. 19 October 2016.
- "Hit director marks return to ER room". China Daily. 23 October 2017.
- 贾樟柯监制《半边天》定档5.10上映. Mtime (in Chinese). 8 March 2019.
- 与王珞丹一起《七月》情迷纳木错. Sohu (in Chinese). 5 August 2009.
- "Film adapted from e-novel starts shooting". CCTV.com. 29 June 2009.
- 王珞丹加盟《建党伟业》 饰演中国第一女博士. Mtime (in Chinese). 26 September 2010.
- "Stockholm Syndrome in 'Lethal Hostage'". Ecns.cn. 20 July 2012.
- 王珞丹客串《血滴子》 扮黄晓明初恋情人. Mtime (in Chinese). 14 October 2011.
- 《摩尔庄园2》黄渤王珞丹献声 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 24 April 2012.
- "越来越好之村晚"曝人物关系海报 俗辣撞色博眼球. Mtime (in Chinese). 16 January 2013.
- "Reel China: Love You for Loving Me". China Radio International. 15 November 2013.
- 《鲜我奇缘》网络热映 王珞丹获封“气质女神”. China.com (in Chinese). 14 August 2013.
- "'Detective Gui' gets summer release date". Global Times. 20 April 2015.
- 王小帅短片《玉米人》国内上线 王珞丹出演“神秘人物”全程没台词. Mtime (in Chinese). 4 November 2015.
- "'The Secret' eyes ghostly romance". Global Times. 8 July 2015.
- "Chinese Writer Ba Jin's Novel to Land on Big Screen Tomorrow". China Radio International. 14 September 2016.
- 黄渤"轻科幻"《被光抓走的人》定档12.13. Mtime (in Chinese). 15 October 2019.
- 王珞丹王传君新片《不老奇事》开机. Mtime (in Chinese). 25 February 2019.
- 王珞丹：我对自己没有期望值 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 5 August 2010.
- 《阳光像花一样绽放》热播 王珞丹演反一号 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 16 December 2008.
- 萨日娜王珞丹扮苦情母女 《母亲是条河》惹泪奔 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 9 June 2010.
- 霍政谚挑梁《烽火孤儿》 与王珞丹演绎乱世情缘 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 3 December 2008.
- 王珞丹拍《震撼世界的七日》感动落泪 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 22 July 2008.
- 《排球女将》夺奥运金牌 于娜王珞丹苦练基本功. Sohu (in Chinese). 4 November 2007.
- 王珞丹再饰直率女 与黄晓明携演新剧《暗香》. People's Daily (in Chinese). 23 December 2008.
- 《男人帮》王珞丹：三个男主角合一都不达标 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 28 October 2011.
- 王珞丹谈《山楂树之恋》：演静秋无怨无悔(图) (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 15 March 2012.
- 王珞丹崔始源《转身说爱你》打造都市爱情 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 23 August 2012.
- 上海电视节白玉兰奖 王珞丹范伟成"人气王". Sohu (in Chinese). 11 June 2010.
- "China's first College Students' TV Festival closes". CCTV.com. 22 October 2010.
- 壹戏剧大赏举行 "杜拉拉"姚晨王珞丹助阵 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 16 April 2010.
- 王珞丹喜获金凤凰奖 称电影人前是幼儿园毕业生. Sohu (in Chinese). 12 August 2011.
- "Chinese film fest wraps up in New York". CCTV.com. 21 October 2012.
- 华鼎奖提名公布 《和平饭店》《归去来》闪耀榜单. Netease (in Chinese). 22 October 2018.