Walton Glenn Eller III (born January 6, 1982) is an American trap shooter and five-time U.S. Olympic athlete (2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016). At the 2008 Summer Olympics, he won the gold medal in men's double trap setting both an Olympic Record and a Final Olympic Record.
|Full name||Walton Glenn Eller III|
|Born||January 6, 1982|
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
Eller was born in Houston, Texas, the son of Clara Anne (née Rackley) and Walton Glenn Eller, Jr. He attended James E. Taylor High School in Katy, a suburb of Houston. In 1996, Eller was the first American to win the British Open Sporting Clay junior title. In 1994, he was the U.S. National Sporting Clay subjunior champion.
|Current world records held in double trap|
|Men||Teams||424|| Italy (Innocenti, Bernasconi, Gasparini)
Italy (Barillà, Di Spigno, Gasparini)
|August 3, 2013
September 14, 2014
- "Results Men's Double Trap Qualification & Shoot-Off". Beijing 2008 Official Website. August 12, 2008. Archived from the original on August 15, 2008. Retrieved September 9, 2008.
- "Final Results Men's Double Trap Final". Beijing 2008 Official Website. August 12, 2008. Archived from the original on August 15, 2008. Retrieved September 9, 2008.
- http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~battle/olympics08/eller.htm[permanent dead link]
- "Walton (Glenn) Eller". USA Shooting. Retrieved September 9, 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Walton Glenn Eller.|
- Glenn Eller at the International Shooting Sport Federation
- USA Shooting profile
- Army Olympic Team
- Army Bio