Walter R. Borneman
|Walter R. Borneman|
|Born||January 5, 1952|
He received his B.A. in 1974 from Western State College of Colorado, and received an M.A. in history there in 1975 for a thesis on "Irwin : silver camp of the Ruby Mountains"; in 1981 he received a law degree from the University of Denver, and practiced law.
In May 2012, his work The Admirals: Nimitz, Halsey, Leahy, and King--the 5-star Admirals Who Won the War at Sea was published by Little, Brown and Co. It won the 2013 Samuel Eliot Morison Award for Naval Literature.
He also wrote the book, American Spring which covers the Revolutionary War from its onset to the Battle of Bunker Hill. His latest book is MacArthur at War: World War II in the Pacific.
He has also written a number of books about mountaineering in Colorado, where he currently lives.
- Borneman, Walter R. Rival Rails: The Race to Build America's Greatest Transcontinental Railroad. New York: Random House, 2010.
- Review, Los Angeles Times - Oct 3, 2010
- Review BusinessWeek - Oct 20, 2010
- Borneman, Walter R. Polk: The Man Who Transformed the Presidency and America. New York: Random House, 2008 ISBN 978-1-4000-6560-8 
- Review Wall Street Journal Online - May 16, 2008
- Borneman, Walter R. The French and Indian War: Deciding the Fate of North America. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2006. ISBN 978-0-06-076184-4 .
- Review, The New York Times book review. (December 17, 2006): 14
- Review, Providence Journal - Jan 28, 2007
- Borneman, Walter R. 1812: The War That Forged a Nation. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2004. ISBN 978-0-06-053112-6.
- Borneman, Walter R. Alaska: Saga of a Bold Land. New York: HarperCollins, 2003.
- Translated into Russian as Borneman, Walter R, V V. Monakhov, and L A. Rusova. Сага о земле Аляска / Saga o zemle Ali︠a︡ska. Vladivostok: Dalʹnauka, 2009. OCLC 704059097.
- Review, Juneau Empire - Apr 13, 2003
- A Climbing Guide to Colorado’s Fourteeners,
- World Cat authority file
- Contemporary authors new revision series. : Volume 225. Gale, 2012 ISSN 0275-7176. WorldCat
- Borneman, Walter R. The Admirals: Nimitz, Halsey, Leahy, and King--the Five-Star Admirals Who Won the War at Sea. New York: Little, Brown and Co, 2012. ISBN 9780316097840
- "Latest NOUS Awards". Naval Order of the United States. Archived from the original on 2017-06-03. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "Previous Morison Book Awards". Naval Order of the United States, New York Commandery. Archived from the original on 2016-08-27. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- Borneman, Walter R. MacArthur at War: World War II in the Pacific. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2016. ISBN 9780316405324
- [9780060503062 WorldCat]