Walking Troubles of Organic Hemiplegy
Walking Troubles of Organic Hemiplegy (1898) is the first documentary film in the world, created by Romanian neurologist Gheorghe Marinescu. The film depicts several patients walking in four directions against a black background before and after the treatment.
Marinescu came to the idea of making the film after having used the chronophotography under the influence of Étienne-Jules Marey. Marinescu praised the use of the cinematographic techniques in the scientific investigation.
Other documentary filmsEdit
- A Case of Hysterical Hemiplegia Cured Through Hypnotic Suggestion (1899)
- Walking Difficulties Due to Progressive Locomotary Ataxia (1900)
- Pseudo-Hypertrophic or Myosclerotic Paralysis Among Myopathies (1901)
- Walking Troubles of Organic Hemiplegy on IMDb
- Walking Troubles of Organic Hemiplegy on Dailymotion
- Dr Gh. Marinescu on Victorian Cinema
|This article about a scientific documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Romanian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|