|• Mayor||Michael Rembold (CDU)|
|• Total||20.95 km2 (8.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||387 m (1,270 ft)|
|• Density||340/km2 (870/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Economy and InfrastructureEdit
Industry- Mostly medium and small sized enterprises are located in Waldstetten, including "Leicht Küchen," a kitchen manufacturer, established in 1928, which has approximately 850 employees in Germany.
In Waldsteten is the Franz von Assisi -School", a free Catholic Realschule. There is also the "Unterm Hohenrechberg" school. Additionally, there is a pure primary school in Wißgoldingen. Child care in Waldstetten is provided by four Roman Catholic kindergartens.
The Albmarathon, a 50-kilometer (30 mile) ultramarathon runs regularly through the municipality.
Sons and daughters of the townEdit
- Bernhard Rieger (1922–2013), a Catholic theologian and Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart
- Michael Brenner (born 1960), jurist, professor of German and European Constitutional and Administrative Law at the University of Jena, lives in Waldstetten.
- Simon Baumgarten (born 1985), handball player, grew up in Wißgoldingen and attended the Realschule Waldstetten.
- Dominik Kaiser (born 1988), football player, played in his youth for TSGV Waldstetten.
- Carina Vogt (born 1992), German ski jumper and Olympic champion, lives in Waldstetten.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2017". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). 2018.
|This Ostalbkreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|