WXTF-LP (97.9 FM, "WTF Radio") is an American low-power broadcast radio station licensed to serve the community of Harrisville, Michigan. The station is operated by the Alcona Music Project and the broadcast license is held by the Harrisville Cultural Institute.
|Broadcast area||Alcona County, Michigan|
|First air date||May 27, 2014|
|HAAT||29.5 meters (97 ft)|
|Owner||Alcona Music Project
(Harrisville Cultural Institute)
The format is described as "Variety." Volunteers provide close to 100% of the programming - mostly music based. WXTF-LP works with the Alcona Community Schools offering guidance and air time for students interested in radio broadcasting. WXTF-LP provides local news and is The Sunrise Side's only broadcast outlet for Pacifica's "Democracy Now" and Harry Shearer's "Le Show" programs. In addition to a state-of-the-art air studio, WXTF-LP has a dedicated "Playroom" live performance studio where local musicians are invited to play.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on January 15, 2014. The new station was assigned the WXTF-LP call sign by the FCC on January 23, 2014. WXTF-LP received its license to cover from the FCC on May 22, 2014, and was the first of the new LPFM applicants in Michigan to begin licensed broadcasting.  The station counts May 27, 2014, as its first official day of broadcasting.
The station is staffed by volunteers and funded by local contributions.
This community radio station is committed to being on air at least 12 hours per day, and sometimes exceeds that. Generally it broadcasts between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
In 2017 it moved to a new studio location along with its 50 foot (15 m) aerial, which overlooks the entrance to Harrisville Harbor.
- "Application Search Details (BNPL-20131021AED)". FCC Media Bureau. January 15, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. January 23, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- "Application Search Details (BLL-20140519AAH)". FCC Media Bureau. May 22, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2015.
- Weber, Mary (July 26, 2017). "Local radio station to hold fundraiser band". Alcona Review. 146 (28). Harrisville, Michigan. pp. 1, 16.
- WXTF-LP official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WXTF
- Radio-Locator information on WXTF-LP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WXTF
- Interview with WXTF staff US-23 Heritage Project
|This article about a radio station in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|