This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
WWF Betrayal is a beat 'em up on the Game Boy Color based on the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). It was the third and last WWF game released to the Game Boy Color and one of a few games based on the promotion that was of a different genre than the regular professional wrestling games usually produced.
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Color|
|Genre(s)||Beat 'em up|
The game's plot was roughly based on a storyline in 1999 where Stephanie McMahon gets kidnapped. Her father Vince McMahon promises to grant the player a shot at the WWF Championship if they manage to save her. The player must then fight through a series of side-scrolling levels to rescue Stephanie. The player can play as Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, or The Undertaker.
This was the last WWF game to be released on the Game Boy Color.
- "WWF Betrayal for Game Boy Color". GameRankings. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Miller, Skyler. "WWF Betrayal - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on November 15, 2014. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "WWF Betrayal". Game Informer (102). October 2001.
- Provo, Frank (August 23, 2001). "WWF Betrayal Review". GameSpot. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Harris, Craig (September 20, 2001). "WWF Betrayal". IGN. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- "WWF Betrayal". Nintendo Power. 149. October 2001.