WIPO Lex is an online database of national legislation and international treaties in the field of intellectual property. Maintenance and development of the database is exercised by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
WIPO Lex English interface main page
Type of site
|Online Legal Database|
|Available in||Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish|
|Owner||World Intellectual Property Organization|
|Users||1.8 million in 2015|
|Launched||September 20, 2010|
|Current status||Online and developing|
WIPO Lex also covers international treaties related to intellectual property. In particular, the database includes all WIPO-administered treaties.
The WIPO Lex team has established partnerships with following academic institutions:
- Renmin University (China);
- East China University of Political Science and Law;
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel);
- Meiji University (Japan);
- Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property;
- Russian Foreign Trade Academy;
- Institute for International Business Law of the Fribourg University (Switzerland);
- Vanderbilt University (United States).
- "WIPO Lex: Building the World's IP Law Database". WIPO Magazine. 2016. Retrieved 2016-08-17.
- "WIPO Launches One-Stop Search & Reference Tool for IP Laws and Treaties". WIPO. 2010.
- "Report of the Director General to the WIPO Assemblies" (PDF). WIPO. 2015. p. 15.
- "Yale Law School Library". — official website of the Lillian Goldman Law Library.
- "Guide to Law Online - France". — official website of the Library of Congress.
- "Intellectual Property Law". — official website of the Bodleian Library.
- "WIPO". — official website of the National Diet Library.