WGFP (940 AM; "The Lake") is a radio station broadcasting a classic hits format. Licensed to Webster, Massachusetts, United States, the station serves the Worcester area. The station is owned by Just Because, Inc.
|Broadcast area||Worcester County, Massachusetts|
Northern Rhode Island
|Branding||The Lake 940|
|Slogan||Webster’s Local Radio Station|
|First air date||March 29, 1980|
|Power||1,000 watts day|
4 watts night
|Call sign meaning||Gilbert Francis Perry (relative of original owner)|
|Owner||Just Because, Inc.|
WGFP serves Southern Worcester County, Northern Rhode Island and Northeastern Connecticut. WGFP also provides the area with local high school sports (Football and Basketball) live with Matt Morway and Pete Geanis.
- "WGFP reception verification" (PDF). April 1, 1980. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- "WGFP Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Lake940.com, “Webster Has A Brand New Radio Station”; December 30, 2017. Retrieved December 30, 2017.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WGFP
- Radio-Locator Information on WGFP
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WGFP
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|