|City||Falls Church, Virginia|
|Broadcast area||Metro Washington, D.C.|
|Frequency||1220 AM kHz|
|Branding||WFAX 1220 AM and 100.7 FM|
|Owner||Newcomb Broadcasting Corporation|
First air date
|September 15, 1948|
Former call signs
|Power||5,000 Watts daytime|
48 Watts nighttime
|Translator(s)||100.7 W264DB (Falls Church)|
WFAX has one FM translator, on 100.7, co-located with its AM transmitter. The signal is almost entirely directed to the southwest to protect WZBA on the same frequency.
|City of license||Facility
|W264DB||100.7||Falls Church, Virginia||158365||100||D||FCC LMS|
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 2010 (PDF). ProQuest, LLC/Reed Publishing (Nederland), B.V. 2010. p. D-130. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "WFAX Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- WFAX 1220 AM and 100.7 FM Online
- WFAX in the FCC AM station database
- WFAX on Radio-Locator
- WFAX in Nielsen Audio's AM station database