This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ebbey Abraham, better known by his stage name Vysakh, is an Indian film director who works in Malayalam film industry. He began his career as a television anchor and later as an associate director to Johny Antony. He debuted as an independent director in 2010 with Pokkiri Raja starring Mammootty and Prithviraj Sukumaran. In 2016, his directorial Pulimurugan starring Mohanlal became the first Malayalam film to gross ₹100 and ₹150 crore at the box office globally.
|Parent(s)||K.C Abraham, Marriyamma Abraham|
Ebbey Abraham was born in 1977 in Kanhangad, Kasaragode district, as the son of K.C. Abraham and Mariyamma Abraham. He took the name Vysakh for anchoring the television show Ponpulari aired on Surya TV. Later he began working as an associate director to Johny Antony in films such as Kochi Rajavu and Inspector Garud. He worked with Joshiy for Twenty Twenty and Robin Hood. He debuted as an independent director in 2010 through the action masala film Pokkiri Raja which became the top grosser of the year in Malayalam. His next venture was the comedy thriller Seniors starring Jayaram, Kunchacko Boban, Biju Menon, and Manoj K. Jayan. His third film was Mallu Singh in 2012. He also wrote the screenplay for the drama film Vishudhan.
In 2016, Pulimurugan with Mohanlal in the lead role became the highest-grossing Malayalam film ever and the first film to gross ₹100 and ₹150 crore at the box office in Malayalam film history. His following film was Madhura Raja (2019) with Mammootty, a spin-off of Pokkiri Raja.
He married Neena, a nurse on 12 November 2007. They have two children.
|2005||Kochi Rajavu||Asst Director, Actor|
|2006||Thuruppugulan||Asst Director, Actor|
|2010||Robin Hood||Asst Director|
|2012||Mallu Singh||Director, Actor|
|2013||Vishudhan||Director, Screenplay Writer|
- "The Raja of her life". Newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "It's official: Mohanlal's 'Pulimurugan' first Malayalam movie to enter Rs 100cr club". English.manora,aonline.com. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- 'Seniors' opens to pretty good response – Malayalam Movie News. Indiaglitz.com (2011-05-07). Retrieved on 2013-08-27.
- Aswin J Kumar, (24 November 2013). "Visudhan movie review:". Indiatimes. Retrieved 15 December 2013.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Pulimurugan box office: Mohanlal film beats Rajinikanth's Kabali, Salman Khan's Sultan in UAE, nears 100 crore mark". Indianexpress.com. 5 November 2016. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Pulimurugan movie review: Don't miss this Mohanlal thriller". Indianexpress.com. 7 October 2016. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|