Vranduk from just above the waterline of the Bosna river
|Country||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Entity||Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Website||Vranduk - zemuzej.ba|
|National Monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina|
Archaeological excavations to date on the site of the fort showed no signs of fortifications dating from the prehistoric period or antiquity, or prior to the medieval times. Village itself is one of the oldest and well preserved settlements of Bosnia and Herzegovina, dating back to 14th century and times of medieval bans and later kings of Bosnia. Vranduk village is established around medieval citadel of the same name, and together constitute protected architectural assembly, and as such a national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina, a well preserved and maintained in good condition by local and state commissions for national monuments, and managed by local tourist organization. A small mosque was erected below citadel after Ottoman conquest of the Bosnian Kingdom, which still standing today in good condition. The mosque was dedicated to and named after Sultan Mehmed II El Fatih, conqueror of Bosnia, and is also referred to as the Imperial Mosque or Emperor’s Mosque. On 14 February 1971 a rail crash in the tunnel near Vranduk occurred, 34 people were killed and 113 (60 serious) injured.
- Official results from the book: Ethnic composition of Bosnia-Herzegovina population, by municipalities and settlements, 1991. census, Zavod za statistiku Bosne i Hercegovine - Bilten no.234, Sarajevo 1991.
- "Commission for preservation of the national monuments" (.html). old.kons.gov.ba (in English and Bosnian). Retrieved 1 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vranduk.|
- Historvius - Vranduk, Bosnia and Herzegovina ˙(History and Visitor Information)
- Ecoplan | Management Plan for conservation of the national monument Stari grad Vranduk
- Vranduk from air (Video 3 min. 21 sec. long)
|This Zenica-Doboj Canton geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|