Volta Charging is an American electric vehicle infrastructure company. Volta charging stations are compatible with all major plug-in hybrid and battery electric vehicle types in the United States and have a digital screen featuring advertisements. Generally, charging a vehicle at a Volta station is free, because Volta is supported by advertisements. As of September 2021, the company had installed more than 2,000 charging stations in twenty-three U.S. states.
|Industry||Electric vehicle infrastructure|
|Founders||Scott Mercer & Chris Wendel|
|Headquarters||155 de Haro Street, |
(Chief Commercial Officer)
(Chief Development Officer)
(Chief Financial Officer)
In February 2021, Volta announced a special-purpose acquisition company merger with Tortoise Acquisition Company II. After completing the merger, Volta went public on the New York Stock Exchange on August 27, 2021. By September 2021, the company had installed more than 2,000 charging stations in twenty-three U.S. states. In November 2021, Volta partnered with Topgolf to install charging stations at Topgolf entertainment centers across the United States. In the third financial quarter of 2021, Volta's revenues increased 77 percent year-over-year to $8.5 million.
- Kolodny, Lora (August 18, 2021). "Tesla, Volta are EV owners' top picks for charging away from home, JD Power finds". CNBC. Retrieved 6 January 2022.
- McInnis, Brian (September 3, 2021). "Former Hawaii startup Volta Charging goes public". Pacific Business News. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- "Volta founder on strategies for electric vehicle charging stations". Yahoo! News. August 9, 2021. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- "Scott Mercer Chairman/CEO, Volta Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- Strauss, Sabrina (October 28, 2021). "Volta Delivers 100 Million Electric Miles to Drivers". Business Wire. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- Moadel, David (December 5, 2021). "Speculators can Charge Up their Portfolios with Volta Stock". Nasdaq. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- Leonardo DiCaprio [@LeoDiCaprio] (October 28, 2021). "We must move beyond a carbon based economy to prevent irreversible climate change. Pleased to work with @VoltaCharging who has delivered 100 million electric miles to EV drivers across the U.S. #VoltaPartner" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Jasinski, Nicholas (August 27, 2021). "EV Charging Firm Volta Is Going Public But Raising Less Money Than Expected". Barron's. Retrieved 6 January 2022.
- "Volta Charging to List on NYSE Under the Ticker "VLTA" Following Closing of Business Combination With Tortoise Acquisition Corp. II". Business Wire. August 26, 2021. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- Strauss, Sabrina (November 2, 2021). "Topgolf Partners With Volta to Add Electric Vehicle Charging Stations to Select Properties". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- Official website
- Business data for Volta Charging, LLC: