Voice Media Group
Voice Media Group (VMG) is an American privately held media company headquartered in Denver, Colorado. VMG owns several newspaper publications across the country. These offerings extend across print, mobile and digital marketing.
VMG was founded in September 2012, when Village Voice Media executives Scott Tobias, Christine Brennan and Jeff Mars announced an agreement to purchase Village Voice Media's papers and web properties from their founders. The classified web site Backpage.com was not part of the sale.
VMG initiated a Digital Marketing agency (V Digital Services) in 2013 working with their publications and partners around the country to offer digital marketing solutions ranging from Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Brand Management, Paid Media, Website Development, and Local Business SEO.
- "Newly Formed Denver Holding Company Voice Media Group To Acquire Village Voice Media Publishing Properties". PR Newswire. 24 September 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Ha, Anthony (23 September 2012). "Village Voice Media Execs Acquire The Company's Famed Alt Weeklies, Form New Holding Company". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Russell, Mallory (24 September 2012). "Village Voice Management Buyout Leaves Backpage.com Behind". Ad Age. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Ramstad, Evan (6 May 2015). "Star Tribune makes deal to buy alt-weekly City Pages". Star Tribune. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Downing, Margaret (3 November 2017). "The Presses Have Stopped, But the Press Lives On". Houston Press. Retrieved 4 November 2017.