|Editor-in-Chief||Thijs van Veghel|
|Categories||Football (soccer) magazines|
|Publisher||WP Sport Media BV|
History and ProfileEdit
Voetbal International was established in 1965. As of 2006, VI was published by WP Sports Media. GM Carolina Pruis runs the magazine and Thijs van Veghel and Tom van Hulsen are the chief editors since the retirement of Johan Derksen on 1 August 2013. The magazine is read by approximately 800,000 people every week. VI was one of the founding members of ESM but left the group in 2007.
In addition to the regular magazine that comes out every Wednesday, VI every summer publishes season previews before the start of the Dutch league season. For years they have made a guide for the Dutch season, including the fixture lists and information and statistics of every Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie team and its players. They have also issued season previews of the English, German, French, Belgian and Spanish competitions as well as for the Dutch Hoofdklasse, the highest amateur league.
From 1978, VI had published a Dutch Football Yearbook every year, with a review of the Dutch professional leagues and their national football team as well as international tournaments. Since 2006 they publish the Brinvest Voetbaljaarboek.
Since 2008, a programme aired by RTL 7 (Netherlands) is called Voetbal International as well. The show was formerly known as Voetbal Insite, but had to be sponsored to assure its future. Since that moment, former football player René van der Gijp has been made a series regular, after Willem van Hanegem quit the job. Voetbal International's editor Johan Derksen has a permanent place as an analyser. The show is being broadcast every Monday and Friday evening at 20:30 during the football season and lasts ninety minutes.
On 21 October 2011 Voetbal International was awarded the 'Golden Television Ring 2011' for best television program of the year.
Top 100 Footballers Of All TimeEdit
The top 5 list is as follows :
|5.||Alfredo Di Stéfano|
- Colofon - Voetbal International
- Voetbaljaarboek 2010 - Voetbal International (in Dutch)
- Voetbal Insite keert toch terug bij RTL, maar wel onder een andere naam: Voetbal International Totaal TV. 9 September 2008. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- Voetbal International Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Cookies op VI.nl". www.vi.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Sport (2017-06-10). "Lionel Messi, voted the best player in the history of football". sport. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Official website (www.vi.nl) (in Dutch)