Vladimir Marković is a Professor of Mathematics at University of Oxford. He was previously the John D. MacArthur Professor at the California Institute of Technology (2013-2020) and Sadleirian Professor of Pure Mathematics at the University of Cambridge (2013-2014).
October 1973 (age 48)
|Alma mater||University of Belgrade (BSc, PhD)|
|Known for||Surface subgroup conjecture |
|Thesis||Jedinstveno ekstremalna kvazikonformna preslikavanja i stacionarne tačke integrala energije (1998)|
Career and researchEdit
Awards and honoursEdit
Markovic is a world leader in the area of quasiconformal homeomorphisms and low dimensional topology and geometry. He has solved many famous and difficult problems. With Jeremy Kahn, he proved William Thurston's key conjecture that every closed hyperbolic 3-manifold contains an almost geodesic immersed surface.
- Vladimir Marković CV
- Kahn, Jeremy; Markovic, Vladimir (2012). "Immersing almost geodesic surfaces in a closed hyperbolic three manifold". Annals of Mathematics. 175 (3): 1127. arXiv:0910.5501. doi:10.4007/annals.2012.175.3.4. S2CID 32593851.
- "Professor Vladimir Marković FRS". London: The Royal Society. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- The Royal Society Vladimir Markovic Biography
- Vladimir Markovic publications indexed by Microsoft Academic
- Marković, Vladimir (1998). Jedinstveno ekstremalna kvazikonformna preslikavanja i stacionarne tačke integrala energije (PhD thesis). University of Belgrade.
- Caltech: Particles and Pants, October 31, 2011
- "Simons Investigator Awardees". Simons Foundation. Retrieved 11 September 2017.