Vladimir Popov (mathematician)
Vladimir Leonidovich Popov (Russian: Влади́мир Леони́дович Попо́в; born 3 September 1946) is a Russian mathematician working in the invariant theory and the theory of transformation groups. He is a member of the Steklov Institute of Mathematics and a professor of the National Research University – Higher School of Economics. In 1986, he was an invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians (Berkeley, USA), and in 2008–2010 he was a core member of the panel for Section 2, "Algebra" of the Program Committee for the 2010 International Congress of Mathematicians (Hyderabad, India).
Vladimir Leonidovich Popov
|Born||3 September 1946|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
In 2016, he was elected a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Popov, Vladimir L. (1982). Discrete complex reflection groups. Utrecht: Communications of the Mathematical Institute Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht, Vol. 15.
- Popov, Vladimir L. (1992). Groups, generators, syzygies, and orbits in invariant theory. Providence RI: Translations of Mathematical Monographs, Vol. 100, Providence RI: Amer. Math. Soc. ISBN 0-8218-4557-8.
- Popov, V. L., Vinberg, E. B. (1994). Invariant theory. Berlin Heidelberg: Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 55, Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag. ISBN 3-540-54682-0.
- Popov, Vladimir L. (2004). Algebraic transformation groups and algebraic varieties: proceedings of the conference Interesting algebraic varieties arising in algebraic transformation group theory held at the Erwin Schrödinger Institute, Vienna, October 22-26, 2001. Berlin New York: Springer. ISBN 9783540208389.
- "Попов Владимир Леонидович". math-net.ru.
- "Popov Vladimir Leonidovich". All-Russian Mathematical Portal. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 16 November 2013.