This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vladimir Batagelj (born 1948 in Idrija, Yugoslavia), is a Slovenian mathematician, who works mainly in data analysis, discrete mathematics, combinatorial optimization and applications of IT in education.
He is Professor of Discrete and Computational Mathematics at the University of Ljubljana.
- first prizes for contributions (with Andrej Mrvar) to Graph Drawing Contests in years: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2005 / Graph Drawing Hall of Fame .
- in 2007 the book 'Generalized blockmodeling' was awarded the Harrison White Outstanding Book Award by the Mathematical Sociology Section of American Sociological Association awards.pdf[permanent dead link].
- in 2007 he was awarded (together with Anuška Ferligoj) the Simmel Award by INSNA - International Network for Social Network Analysis International Network for Social Network Analysis#List of Annual .22Sunbelt.22 Meetings .2F Keynote Speakers.
- Vladimir Batagelj, Social Network Analysis, Large-Scale . in R.A. Meyers, ed., Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science, Springer 2009: 8245-8265.
- Vladimir Batagelj, Complex Networks, Visualization of . in R.A. Meyers, ed., Encyclopedia of Complexity and Systems Science, Springer 2009: 1253-1268.
- Wouter de Nooy, Andrej Mrvar, Vladimir Batagelj, Mark Granovetter (Series Editor), Exploratory Social Network Analysis with Pajek (Structural Analysis in the Social Sciences), Cambridge University Press 2005 (ISBN 0-521-60262-9). ESNA in Japanese, TDU, 2010.
- Patrick Doreian, Vladimir Batagelj, Anuška Ferligoj, Mark Granovetter (Series Editor), Generalized Blockmodeling (Structural Analysis in the Social Sciences), Cambridge University Press 2004 (ISBN 0-521-84085-6)
- ResearcherId: B-9105-2008