Vivien Kussatz (born 15 August 1972) is a German former sailor, who specialized in two-person dinghy (470) class. Together with her partner and two-time Olympian Stefanie Rothweiler, she won two gold medals at the European Championships (2006 and 2007) and was eventually named one of the country's top sailors in the double-handed dinghy for the 2008 Summer Olympics, finishing in ninth place. A member of Spandauer Yacht-Club in Berlin, Kussatz trained most of her competitive career under the tutelage of her Spanish-born personal coach Alberto García.
|Full name||Vivien Kussatz|
|Born||15 August 1972|
Bad Saarow, Brandenburg, East Germany
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||64 kg (141 lb)|
|Coach||Alberto García (ESP)|
Kussatz competed for the German sailing squad, as a crew member in the women's 470 class, at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Building up to their Olympic selection, she and skipper Rothweiler finished a credible fourteenth in the gold fleet to secure one of the twelve quota places offered at the 2007 ISAF Worlds in Cascais, Portugal. The German duo entered the final race with a myriad of top-ten marks recorded throughout the series. A sixth-place finish at the end of the regatta, however, witnessed their medal chances fade, dragging the duo farther to the back of the fleet in ninth overall with 90 net points.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Vivien Kussatz". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Portugal And Germany Claim European Titles". World Sailing. 11 June 2007. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Lorenz, Andreas (6 August 2008). "Fasten bei Meerblick" [Sailing with a seaview] (in German). Der Spiegel. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- ""Disfrutar, aprender y escuchar", la filosofía del técnico Alberto García" ["Enjoy, learn and listen", the words from technician Alberto García]. www.vigoe.es (in Spanish). Vigo.es. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Diese 79 Deutschen haben Peking-Ticket sicher" [These 79 Germans are assured of their tickets to Beijing] (in German). Die Welt. 29 May 2008. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Women's 470 Pair Rechichi and Parkinson Win Australia's Second Gold". World Sailing. 18 August 2008. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Beijing 2008: Women's 470 Class". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 5 January 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2013.