Vittoriosa Stars F.C.
This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (September 2013)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)
|Full name||Vittoriosa Stars Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||The Reds, The Stars|
|Ground||De La Salle Ground, Vittoriosa, Malta|
|League||Maltese First Division|
Vittoriosa were promoted to the Maltese Premier League in 2009, but were excluded before the start of the season as a result of a match-fixing scandal. In 2010, they defeated San Gwann 1–0 in a promotion playoff to gain promotion to the top division for the second consecutive season. They were relegated the following year, leading to the departure of their coach Winston Muscat.
Vittoriosa were denied the First Division championship in 2013 after losing their final round match 4–1 to Pietà Hotspurs F.C. meant they were tied on points with Naxxar Lions. They lost the championship decider 2–1 to Naxxar Lions, but still clinched another promotion to the top flight. They were relegated from the 2013–14 Maltese Premier League on the final day of the season, again losing to Naxxar Lions by a score of 3–1, which allowed the Lions to jump them in the table.
Olivier Spiteri was manager from 2012 to 2014.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
|Assistant coach||Jason Bartolo|
|Goalkeeping coach||Ivan Milosevic|
|Team manager||Jonathan Vella|
- "Muscat leaves Vittoriosa". Times of Malta. May 14, 2011.
- Camilleri, Valhmor (May 3, 2010). "Stars edge Saints to secure promotion". Times of Malta.
- Busuttil, Antoine (April 27, 2013). "BOV Division 1: Naxxar Lions promoted to Premier League, force championship decider". Malta Football.
- "Malta 2013". rsssf.com.
- Busuttil, Antoine (April 25, 2014). "Naxxar Lions condemn Vittoriosa to Division 1". Malta Football.
- "maltafootball.com » Balzan unveil Oliver Spiteri as their new coach". maltafootball.com.
- Cassar, Chris (May 5, 2019). "BOV Div. I: Ogonuppe hat-trick helps ten-man Vittoriosa keep their status". The Independent.