Vitacura is a commune of Chile located in Santiago Province, Santiago Metropolitan Region. It is one of the most expensive and fashionable areas of Santiago. Inhabitants are primarily high income families.
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Founded||9 March 1946|
|• Alcalde||Raúl Torrealba Del Pedregal (RN)|
|• Total||28.3 km2 (10.9 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,900/km2 (7,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT )|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST )|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Vitacura|
There is an abundance of elite private schools in Vitacura and Las Condes, including Saint George's College, Colegio Santa Úrsula, Alliance Francaise, Colegio La Maisonette, Colegio Tabancura, Colegio Los Andes, Colegio Sagrados Corazones de Manquehue and Colegio San Benito.
The Gliders Club of Vitacura can be located in this commune. With a privileged location, the area is considered to have ideal climate conditions for such types of flights.
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Vitacura spans an area of 28.3 km2 (11 sq mi) and has 81,499 inhabitants (35,118 men and 46,381 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population grew by 2.7% (2,124 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
- Area: 28.3 km2 (11 sq mi)
- Population: 80,598 (2009 projection)[dead link]
- Autonomous household income per capita: US$86,155 (PPP, 2006)
- Population below poverty line: 4.4% (±2.5%) (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 86.74, high, 3 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.949, 1 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Vitacura is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by a mayor (alcalde, in Spanish) who is directly elected every four years. The 2012-2016 mayor is Raúl Torrealba Del Pedregal (RN). The communal council has the following members:
- Rodolfo Terrazas González (IND)
- Macarena Bezanilla Montes (RN)
- Matías Bascuñán Montaner (UDI)
- Aldo Sabat Pietracaprina (IND)
- Maximiliano Del Real Mihovilovic (IND)
- Patricia Alessandri Balbontín (UDI)
- Ricardo Moena Godoy (PDC)
- María José Domínguez Farah (UDI)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Vitacura is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Cristián Monckeberg (RN) and Ernesto Silva (UDI) as part of the 23rd electoral district, (together with Las Condes and Lo Barnechea). The commune is represented in the Senate by Soledad Alvear (PDC) and Pablo Longueira (UDI) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
This commune is one of the most expensive and fashionable areas of Santiago, with the most of the world's luxury boutiques are located in Vitacura, which includes Louis Vuitton, Armani, Tommy Hilfiger, Swarovski, Salvatore Ferragamo, Ermenegildo Zegna, Brooks Brothers, Hermès, MaxMara, Bang & Olufsen, Hugo Boss and many more.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)
Chartwell International School, Preschool and Primary school located in the Lo Curro region of Vitacura.
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Vitacura" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- Sistema de Información Regional, Ministry of Planning of Chile. Archived April 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Casen poll, 2006 Archived 2010-07-28 at the Wayback Machine, Ministry of Planning.
- Implied PPP conversion rate: World Economic Outlook Database, April 2010, International Monetary Fund.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003) Archived 2011-07-07 at the Wayback Machine." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
- "Home." Lycée Antoine-de-Saint-Exupéry de Santiago. Retrieved on 19 January 2015. "Av. Luis Pasteur 5418 - Vitacura - Santiago - Chili" and "Av. Chamisero 14397 – Chamisero Colina – Chili"
- "Dirección y Contacto"/"Adresse und Kontakt." Deutsche Schule Santiago. Retrieved on March 17, 2015. Spanish: "Central Dirección: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "Sede Las Condas (7º EB a IV EM) Dirección: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "Sede Vitacura (1º a 6º EB) Dirección: Av. Kennedy 6150, Vitacura " and "Sede Cerro Colorado (Pre-Escolar) Dirección: Cerro Colorado 6340, Las Condes " - German: "Zentrale Adresse: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes " and "Abteilung Las Condes (Jgst. 7 bis 12) Adresse: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "Abteilung Vitacura (Jgst. 1 bis 6) Adresse: Av. Kennedy 6150, Vitacura" and "Abteilung Cerro Colorado (Vorschule) Adresse: Cerro Colorado 6340, Las Condes "