This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vishal Vashishtha (born 13 February 1992 in Kolkata, India) is an Indian television actor. Vashishtha made his television debut in 2013 as Ayaan Dixit in the television series Crazy Stupid Ishq. He became a household name when he portrayed the role of Baldev Singh in the family drama Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera. Then he was seen as Sagar Chaturvedi in the romantic show Gangaa. Afterwards, he appeared as Bittu Singh Dahiya in the television series Jaat Ki Jugni and Shaurya Gupta (Kanhaiya) in the comedy series Jai Kanhaiya Lal Ki. In the first half of 2019, Vishal appeared in various Filter Copy videos on YouTube. He will now be seen as Aditya Veer Kothari in Vish: A Poisonous Story.
|Education||The Heritage School|
|Home town||Kolkata India|
Vishal Vashishtha was born on 13 February 1992 in Hyderabad India. He completed his schooling in Kolkata at The Heritage School following this, he graduated with a degree in Commerce from Bhawanipur Education Society College.
Vashishtha made his television debut on 27 May 2013 as the main lead Ayaan in Crazy Stupid Ishq. Regarding Vashishtha debut The Times of India noted, "Making a debut as a lead in a telly show when you have competition from a lot of young guns vying for the greasepaint is what every spiring TV actor dreams about. And it was dream come true for newbie Vishal Vashisht [...]." Vashishtha is very fascinated with his character, Ayaan. Ayaan is a boy who has had to grow up too fast. He is the eldest of two sons and after his father's death and bankruptcy, all the responsibility falls on his shoulders to look after his family. He only focus on his job, but then everything has change when Anushka came into his life. In the course of the story he realizes that you can follow your dreams and have fun by both living and falling in love.
The actor was happy to make debut with a youth romantic-comedy serial. He has said, "I am so happy got to make my debut with a youth rom-com. I was not too keen to begin my career with a big Family Drama as I am that age right now when I can do youth shows." Crazy Stupid Ishq aired every Monday to Saturday 6.30 pm on Channel [V].
Past work (2014–2017)Edit
When his last show was wrapping up, Vashishtha got a call from Beyond Dreams for an audition. He went for the audition to play both Ranvijay and Baldev's character. He got to know that he was chosen as Baldev from the newspapers. Regarding his role, the actor admitted, "I was doubtful about playing a negative role at this stage of my career, especially since I have already played a positive lead." Then he met the creative team and they gave him a brief of the character and also a clear picture of the show. "I realised that nowadays people like grey characters too, and it will be an opportunity for me to do something different as an actor. So I said yes and it has been working in my favour." So that is how Vashishtha accepted the role. When asked about his difficulties in playing Baldev he has said, "The Punjabi accent was not something that came easily to me. I was not used to doing loud characters. Baldev is not loud exactly, but he plays this angry hero all the time and that's something I have never done. In my previous shows, I am used to being a person who never gets angry." Bollywood Life noted, "His dad has accepted him as Baldev and so has the rest of the world"
In an action of Ek Veer Ki Ardaas..Verra's sequence that required him to fight the goons, the actor accidentally sprained his left ankle. Despite his injury he continued to shoot and completed his scene on time.
His performance earned him Zee Gold Awards for Best Actor in a Comic Role Male, and nominated him on various awards; Indian Telly Awards for Fresh New Face Male, STAR Parivaar Awards for Mazedaar Sadasya, Best Naya Sadasya Male, Sabse Most Stylish Sadasya Male, Best Jodi (along with Digangana Suryavanshi), and Indian Television Academy Awards for Best Actor Comedy.
Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera wrapped up on 8 August 2015. Later in the same year, Vashishtha appeared in Yeh Hai Aashiqui - Sun Yaar Try Maar as Anil, a principled defendant lawyer who falls in love with a young ambitious prosecutor. This episode was broadcast on 6 November 2015 on Bindass.
The actor took a break after Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera end It was on a two and half-month break, when he got called to audition for Gangaa from the production house. In an interview with The Asian Age he recalls, "I was on a two and half-month break – I visited Ladakh and also made a trip to my hometown, Kolkata. Meanwhile, the production house got in touch. I auditioned after returning from my vacation." He was chosen as the male lead as grown-up Sagar in &TV's drama Gangaa. Talking about his current character Vishal says, "Veera had a lot of romance; here it is subtle. The roles are starkly different." In other interview Vashishtha adds, "I'm glad to be a part of a show with so much integrity and essay the role of Sagar. The beauty of the character is the relationship he shares with Gangaa. I am certain the audience will like our chemistry."
His first entry as grown-up Sagar aired on 14 December 2015.
Vashishtha was nominated as best actor for his role as Sagar at Zee Gold Awards 2016.
Current work (2017–present)Edit
Vishal Vashishtha was seen as the male lead playing the role of Bittoo in Jaat Ki Jugni. In the show, Bittoo was seen as hardcore romantic who loves watching romantic movies and reading romantic books. Fascinated with this idea, Vishal himself had made it a mandate to organize for hit romantic film screenings on the set too as part of his preparation. The show started from 3 April 2017 on Sony TV (India) at 8:30 PM IST. Vishal Vashishtha is currently seen as the lead protagonist in Jai Kanhaiya Lal Ki. The show started on 1 January 2018 on Star Bharat and ended on 28 May 2018. After the end of the show, Vishal took a break and came back in 2019 with Filter Copy videos on YouTube. In June 2019, he appears in Colors TV's supernatural show Vish as Aditya.
While shooting for the Star Plus Valentine's Day special on 2015, media quizzed about his girlfriend and he surprised everyone by just being too honest and true about his relationship. "Yes I am dating Deepakshi. We know each other since childhood. We were in Grade four or five when we became friends, later when we grew up we started dating each other".
|2013||Crazy Stupid Ishq||Ayaan Dixit||Channel [V]|
|MTV Webbed||Daksh||Episode 11||MTV India|
|2013–15||Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera||Baldev Balwant Singh||STAR Plus|
|2015||Yeh Hai Aashiqui – Sun Yaar Try Maar||Anil||Episode 5: "Courtroom Romance"||Bindass|
|2015–17||Gangaa||Sagar Niranjan Chaturvedi||&TV|
|2017||Jaat Ki Jugni||Bittu Singh Dahiya||Sony Entertainment Television|
|2018||Jai Kanhaiya Lal Ki||Shaurya "Kanhaiya" Gupta||Lead role||Star Bharat|
|2019 – present||Vish: A Poisonous Story||Aditya Vir Kothari||Lead Role||Colors TV|
|2014||Zee Gold Awards||Best Actor in A Comic Role (Male)||Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera||Won|||
|2014||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor Comedy||Nominated|
|2014||Indian Telly Awards||Best Fresh New Face Male||Nominated|||
|2014||Star Parivaar Awards||Best Naya Sadasya (Male)||Nominated|||
|Most Stylish Sadasya (Male)||Nominated|
|Sabse Mazedaar Sadasya||Nominated|
(with Diganggana Suryavanshi)
|2016||ZEE Gold Awards||Best Actor||Gangaa||Nominated|||
- Shreya Gupto and Vishal Vashishtha in Filter Copy’s sketch ‘Why To Date Bengali Guy’
- Actor Vishal Vashishtha is set to play the lead in an upcoming supernatural-thriller show
- "Happy Birthday to Vishal Vashisht and Rashmi Desai". Tellychakkar.
- "TV Stars from Calcutta". The Telegraph.
- "'Baddie' with a heart of gold". Deccanchronicle.
- "Didn't want to begin my career with a family drama: Vishal Vashisht". The Times of India.
- "Channel V launches 'Crazy Stupid Ishq' – Times of India". Times of India.
- "Vishal's fascinated by his character". The Times of India.
- "Channel [V] introduces 'a pure love story' with Crazy Stupid Ishq". Tellychakkar.
- "Kolkata boy Vishal Vashishtha to play Baldev in Veera". The Times of India.
- "Baldev of Veera was not keen to play a negative role". The Times of India.
- "Vishal Vashishtha: My dad is a lot like Baldev!". www.bollywoodlife.com.
- "Baldev shoots despite injury for STAR Plus' Veera". NRI News 24x7.
- "Vishal Vashishtha bags the award for Best Actor in a Comic Role @ Gold Awards ! – TellyTadka". TellyTadka.
- "The 13th Indian Telly Awards 2014 – Final Nomination List". Brandsynario.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2014: The full nomination list revealed!". Bollywoodlife.
- "Sun Yaar Try Maar Episode 5: Courtroom Romance". Bindass.
- "Vishal Vashishtha set to play male lead in Ganga – The Asian Age". The Asian Age.
- "Vishal Vashishtha to Play The Leap in TV's Gangaa Post Leap". Bollywoodhelpline.
- "Gangaa on the threshold of a new beginning! – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "TV shows leaping for TRPs – The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Meet The grown up Gangaa-Sagar, Aditi Sharma-Vishal Vashistha Latest Picture". Tellydhamaal.
- "Gangaa – Episode 205 – December 14, 2015 – Full Episode". Ozee.
- "Gold Awards 2016 Nomination List: Divyanka Tripathi, Sriti Jha, Varun Kapoor & Others Nominated". filmibeat.com.
- Here's why Yash Tonk charges fees from his 'Jaat ki Jugni' co-actors
- Vishal Vashishtha and Debina Bonnerjee play leads in Colors’ next
- "Vishal Vashisht of 'Veera' fame talks about his ladylove - NewsroomPost.com". NewsroomPost.
- "Vishal Vashishtha not dating Veera co-star". Deccanchronicle.
- "Channel [V] introduces 'a pure love story' with Crazy Stupid Ishq". Tellychakkar.
- "Vishal Vashishtha aka Baldev of Ek Veer Ki Ardaas…Veera fame is a cutie you can't miss". dailybhaskar.
- "Watch Online EK Veer Ki Ardaas Veera". hotstar.
- "Vishal Vashist Wins Best Actor in a Comic Role Male Critics Award". ZEE TV.
- "7th Boroplus Gold Awards 2014 – Winners". Tellyscoop.
- "Zee Gold Awards 2014 Complete List of Winners". Filmibeat.