|Look up virtual in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An item may sometimes be described as being a virtual item when it is a representation or non-tangible abstraction of the physical object, or is a functional emulation or simulation of it.
Virtual may refer to:
- Virtual reality (virtuality), computer programs with an interface that gives the user the impression that they are physically inside a simulated space
- Virtual, a 2001 album by Romanian band Animal X
- Virtual World, a computer-based simulated environment populated by many users who can create a personal avatar, and simultaneously and independently explore the virtual world, participate in its activities and communicate with others.
- Virtual channel, a channel designation which differs from that of the actual radio channel (or range of frequencies) on which the signal travels
- Virtual function, a programming function or method whose behaviour can be overridden within an inheriting class by a function with the same signature
- Virtual memory, a memory management technique that abstracts the memory address space in a computer, allowing each process to have a dedicated address space
- Virtual particle, a type of short-lived particle of indeterminate mass
- Virtual (horse), a thoroughbred racehorse
- Virtual (philosophy), a term used by Henri Bergson, Gilles Deleuze and Manuel DeLanda to denote potentiality as being equally real to actuality, but in a different manner
- Virtualization, a computing technique to create representations of computer resources (see also virtual machine)
- List of things described as virtual
- Virtuality (disambiguation)
- Hatsune Miku (virtual songstress)
- Virtua series:
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Virtual.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.