Virginia's 22nd Senate district
Virginia's 22nd Senate district is one of 40 districts in the Senate of Virginia. It has been represented by Republican Senator Mark Peake since his victory in a 2017 special election to replace fellow Republican Tom Garrett, who had been elected to Congress.
State Senate District
|Current senator||Mark Peake (R–Lynchburg)|
District 22 is located in central Virginia, containing a large portion of the City of Lynchburg, part of Louisa County, and all of Amherst, Appomattox, Buckingham, Cumberland, Fluvanna, Goochland, and Prince Edward Counties.
Recent election resultsEdit
|Republican||Mark Peake (incumbent)||37,612||62.8|
|Republican||Tom Garrett (incumbent)||24,913||95.3|
|Democratic||Bertram Felix Dodson, Jr.||20,389||41.8|
Federal and statewide results in District 22Edit
All election results below took place prior to 2011 redistricting, and thus were under different district lines. Under the lines drawn in 2011, 22nd district incumbent Ralph K. Smith was redrawn into the 19th district, making the 22nd district an open seat.
|Republican||Ralph K. Smith||3,645||50.5|
|Republican||Brandon Bell (incumbent)||3,570||49.5|
|Republican||Ralph K. Smith||21,193||50.8|
|Republican||Malfourd W. Trumbo (incumbent)||27,378||99.9|
|Republican||Malfourd W. Trumbo (incumbent)||34,312||99.9|
- "State Senate District 22, VA". Census Reporter. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Registrant Counts by District Type" (PDF). Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Elections. June 2019.
- "District 22 Description". Mark J. Peake, Jr. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- David Jarman. "How do counties, House districts, and legislative districts all overlap?". Daily Kos. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- "Virginia State Senate District 22". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Elections Database". Virginia Board of Elections. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Daily Kos Elections Statewide Results by LD". Daily Kos. Retrieved 18 August 2019.